During BAckup -get message non-compileable NScript

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

During BAckup -get message non-compileable NScript

When I start to run a backup of all the NT files, I get a message saying the NinjaScript files are in a non-compileable state. Do I wish to continue?

I selected "No" because last time I ran a backup I selected "Yes", the next time I started NT I could not use of my strategies or indicators.

So I ended up copying the strategies & indicators from an External hard drive backup to the correct Bin folders to recover them & now the strategies & Indicators are accessible & work. However when I try to do a backup, again the message that the files are in a non-compileable state comes up so I chose "No" so I don't lose the strategies and indicators again.

When I asked NT custormer support how to get the files back they referred me to the link on how to import a strategy.

Any suggestions on how I can find out what is causing the non-compileable status and how to fix it, so I can use the backup function would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Rob.

Following is a standard reply but generally is a good walk through, let me know if you are unable to make progress.

RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the speedy response. Using the link you sent, I found which of my strategies had the coding error & the backup works fine now.

Thanks again for a great product & support.

Rob

Comment

I am unable to backup because my files are in a "non-compileable state." Following the procedure at the link I see that a name is already in use. I tried to delete the strategy that I think may be involved with the conflict but I get a message that it cannot be deleted most likely because other files are referring to it and they must be deleted first as per your step 10 "If another NinjaScript file references a file you wish to delete, open the file that references the file you wish to delete and "comment out" or delete the reference" -- but how do I find that file(s)? I don't know code so please be kind ;-)

Comment

bkout,

When you open up your NinjaScript Editor and press F5 to compile it will give you a list of errors. Find the file name of the offending script and that is the file to delete. Now close NT and go to Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\Custom and go to either \Indicators or \Strategies. Find the script and delete that file manually. Now go back to NT and open the Editor and recompile again. You should now get a new list of errors with all the scripts that referenced the file you just deleted. Those need to all be addressed by either commenting out the reference or deleting those files as well.
          Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I figured out how to change and save the "public class" description of the strategy that was brought up by clicking on the error message. That seemed to remove the conflict and I was able to run through compile without an error and then to backup without deleting the strategy -- Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Christopher_R  
            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
            166 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post sidlercom80