stop loss with free platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stop loss with free platform

It is to my understanding we cannot use ATM Strategies with Ninjatrader free platform. However, are we able to set a pre-defined simple Stop Loss. For example 7 ticks away from price. Therefore, when my order is filled regardless if it is a short or long position my pre-defined Stop Loss will also appear 7 ticks away from price. This would be a stop loss I would have to adjust manually as price moves it would not be a trailing stop.

Hello daytraderroy,

Thank you for your post,

Just to make sure we are on the same page, please go to Help > About.

At the very top next to "7.0.1000.XX", if it lists "Direct Live" then this means you have a Direct Edition license key. This free key limits all ATM features including trailing stops.

Because of this, you will need to place the stop order separately after the initial entry order.

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank You. What would be the process for manually placing a stop long or short if I do decide to use the Free Ninja Platform.

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

After entering a long position, you can add a stop limit or stop market order of the same quantity below the current market price on the sell side of the market so that if the price goes against you, the order will fill and you will be brought flat, stopping the losses being incurred. The same will be true for a short position, you'll just need to change the market direction.

For example, go to File > Connect > Simulated data feed. Next, open a SuperDOM via File > New and select and instrument.

Press the Market button the Buy Side, then hold the Ctrl key and press the middle-mouse or scroll wheel at a price below the market on the Sell side. This will submit a stop market order.

Next, use the Trend Slider to have the Simulated data feed trend the market down. Keep note of the PnL section of the SuperDOM, when the price reaches the stop market order, you will be brought flat.

See the below section of our help guide for more on submitting orders via the SuperDOM.
        https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/?sub.htm

In addition, you may be interested in reviewing the order entry 101 webinar on our Youtube channel, linked below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZmVktlZ6sg

We look forward to assisting further.
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You know this is absolutely appalling from Ninja Trader. You say you have a free platform but I can't even place a stop loss when placing an order. How am I supposed to trade any positions of size? How are you stopping people blowing up their accounts? Your direct plaform license is a joke.

When I place an order then try to place a stop loss using the middle mouse button firstly the SuperDOM moves up and down from the mouse wheel scrolling. Then clicking the button doesn't work.

I think this is mean spirited to turn this basic functionality off. I mean how can I possibly trade without the basics? Am seriously not impressed. Never mind the bugs and platform lockups now I have to contend with this!

I will be advising anyone I talk to getting into trading not to use your "free" platform.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
          Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jeronymite