FXCM CFD trade perfomance not matching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FXCM CFD trade perfomance not matching

In the last week I started trading the GER30 CFD - initially tiny size, so I haven't really being looking at the P&L. However, this morning a "rogue trade" appeared in my NT7 Performance Report : not on the charts with my other trades, nor in the FXCM brokerage report, so I called FXCM who are investigating (& said they would be in touch with you as well). The did say that if the trade is not in my FXCM statement, it's not there.

With both my Ninja platform Perf Report AND FXCM online statement onscreen, I noticed that the P&L was way out. Is this a "known issue", please ?

I have modified one parameter of the GER30 in my Instrument Manager : I have changed Tick size to 0.5, so that my chart matches an FDAX futures chart. I did not change the 0.10 point value or anything else. I also left commissions set to zero, as I understand these are accounted for in the spread (unlike cash FX).

Any ideas, please : should I do a "Full Monty" Repair DB / Reset DB / Reset Instruments !?

There are a lot of potential variables here which we would need to sort through before being able to find the root of the issue. I'd like to get a look at your log and trace files.

You can send me these by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1678047 ATTN Patrick G. Please also include a link to this forum thread in the message.

Comment

Thanks, Patrick - will send in a few mins (just closed platform for week, so is backing up right now...).

I am wondering if the time has come to switch to NT8 : if I do, do I use the same key ?

Edit : sent. NB. times are CET.
      Last edited by jtrade; 03-17-2017, 09:14 AM.

Comment

All I had to do was uncheck "Group trades by ATM strategy" & everything was correctly accounted for, exactly matching the FXCM statement.

Thanks again, Patrick : good job !

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post PaulMohn  
        Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes