Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forex session template

Hello there,

Please ! Can anybody explain my session teplates and their differences ?

Forex time teplate. Why is set up forex automatically to UTC-5 hours ? Same is set up for 24/7 template which is UTC-5 hours.
    I need help (explain) if you can, why ninja have those set ups. I already created new teplate with 24/7 Dublin time zone ( currently living ) and
    time stamps are different. Now I am completely lost, bcs I don't know, which time teplate is right. I using 24/7 , bcs I wanna see Sunday session.
    And why have FXCM data feed have different data then IQ FEED ? I founded in fxcm option ( android app ) there is option to server data. Do you know something about it ?

My question is very simple, is there any universal time teplate for forex trading ?

Thank you very very much !

Jake

Hello Jake,

NinjaTrader shows charts in your local time zone.

The session template needs to match the hours of the exchange not your local time zone.

The session template hours will be converted to the time zone of your local PC clock when displayed on a chart.

This means, that to change the time zone of a chart, change the local time zone of your PC clock.

The session template will be the same for all users around the world in different time zones.

FXCM, IQFeed, GAIN, Interactive Brokers, MB Trading, Kinetick, etc will all use use the same session templates.

I recommend you set the session template to <use instrument settings>. For forex this will automatically use the Forex session template. This is set in Eastern time and is used as the standard for all forex instruments which end trading at 5:00 PM Eastern on Friday for brokerages that are supported by NinjaTrader.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
      Hello Jake,

NinjaTrader shows charts in your local time zone.

The session template needs to match the hours of the exchange not your local time zone.

The session template hours will be converted to the time zone of your local PC clock when displayed on a chart.

This means, that to change the time zone of a chart, change the local time zone of your PC clock.

The session template will be the same for all users around the world in different time zones.

FXCM, IQFeed, GAIN, Interactive Brokers, MB Trading, Kinetick, etc will all use use the same session templates.

I recommend you set the session template to <use instrument settings>. For forex this will automatically use the Forex session template. This is set in Eastern time and is used as the standard for all forex instruments which end trading at 5:00 PM Eastern on Friday for brokerages that are supported by NinjaTrader.
      I really appreciate the way you explained it to me.
      Reason why I want to see Sunday ( UTC DUBLIN ) session is New Zeland / Australia trading hours. 24/7 -5 UTC template give me all time stamps for all trading days ( am I right ? ) .

ONE MORE TIME THANK YOU FOR EXCELLENT SUPPORT !!

Jake

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post wzgy0920  
      Started by wzgy0920, Yesterday, 09:53 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes