NinjaTrader does not work with .NET SP1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader does not work with .NET SP1

I upgraded to .NET SP1 recently released by Microsoft and NinjaTrader stopped working. Nothing happens when I launch the NinjaTrader. I am using Vista.

Hello,

Could you please uninstall .NET 2.0 SP1 and reinstall .NET 2.0 at the link below.

Check if the issue persists.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I upgraded to .NEt 3.5 SP1 from 3.5. I will downgrade to .NET 3.5 and see if the problem still persists and report back. .NET 2.0 has lots of issues and I will not downgrade to 2.0. NT was working fine with my previously installed 3.5.

/Navin

Comment

Please let me know if downgrading to .NET 3.5 will solve the issue.

Comment

I downgraded to 3.5 and that didnt solve the issue. This is after several installs and reboots of .Net and NT. So then I downgraded to .Net 3.0 and reinstalled NT and that didn't work either.

I cannot downgrade anyfurther than 3.0. Vista comes preloaded with .NET 3.0 and any attempt to install ver 3.0 or lower on Vista is blocked by the installer. I verified this because I tried to install .NET 2.0 and it didnt work.

So right now the machine cannot load NT and I have tried it with, 3.0, 3.0 SP1, 3.5 and 3.5 SP1. Does NT leave any information on the machine that is preventing it from running under downgraded .NET versions? How do I know after uninstalling NT that there is no traces of NT on the machine? I want to do an absolute clean install of NT and hence want to remove every trace of NT ever being installed on this machine.

Comment

Hello,

Could you please follow the instructions at the following link to repair .NET on Vista.

Check if this will make a difference.

You can uninstall NinjaTrader via Windows Control Panel. The NinjaTrader 6.5 folder containing all your settings will not be deleted upon uninstalling via the Windows Control Panel; you will need to delete it manually.

Comment

I have same problem - Vista 64bit - after installing .NET Framework 3.5SP1 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en)
              Ninja trader don't start - there is no process NinjaTrader.exe in Task manager - tested on 2 computers (notebook and desktop)

Comment

Unfortunately, NinjaTrader is not supported on 64 bit Operating Systems.

We only support 32 bit XP and Vista.

Comment

None of the following steps fixed it.
                  1. Cleanup of .NET as per your link
                  2. Reset .NET to the previous version that came with Vista
                  3. Numerous install and reinstall and restart of Vista with different version of .NET after cleanup
                  4. Numerous install and reinstall of NT

I would like to point out that only NT is being singled out here. All the other .NET applications that I have are running fine.

I have tried this on two of my machines and now both the machines cannot run NT even though .NET is as clean as it can get. Also I would like to point out that I am running under 32 bit Vista with SP1.

/Navin

Comment

Hello Navin,

Could you please send me your log and trace file. You can find these files at the following locations:

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.20080813 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20080813 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please send them to "support [at] ninjatrader [dot] com" and put "Attn Jason" in the subject header.

Comment

Unfortunately, there are no log and trace files in the folder that you mentioned.

Comment

Hello Navin,

Unfortunately, we ran out of ideas. I have consulted with Development regarding your case and the only option left would be to perform a system restore to a date when NinjaTrader worked correctly.

Comment

I can definitely do that and that will solve the issue for sure. BUT at the same time I am doubtful of the engineering practices followed here. Your development and test team are not going to independently verify this on your own? Right now .NET 3.5 SP1 is optional upgrade, soon MS will start pushing this upgrade on every Vista system. Are you going to recommend this to every one who upgrades to 3.5 SP1 ?

At the least, please put notice on the site somewhere to tell vista users to not upgrade to .net 3.5 sp1 while you solve this issue.
                          Last edited by navinpai; 08-13-2008, 10:37 AM.

Comment

at least i am not the only one to get pwn3d by sp1

the following link did the trick for me...

i did a full uninstall/install of NT after doing the steps above.
                            Last edited by sunpost; 08-13-2008, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Thanks for sharing this info. We're in touch with Microsoft trying to resolve this problem.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post funk10101  
                              Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
                              11 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jeronymite