Remove Ninjascript Assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove Ninjascript Assembly

A user is trying to remove my custom assembly in order to import an update and is getting an error message that
    "There is a ninjascript file that references the indicator "xx" contained in this assembly. You must remove this dependency before removing this assembly"

We have deleted all workspaces and re-opened NT and still get the message. So there are no charts calling up the indicator.

How do we remove the dependency?

thanks

>> How do we remove the dependency?
    By locating the custom NinjaScript indicators/strategies which reference your assembly and by deleting those NinjaScript indicators/strategies.

Comment

the assembly is protected as an assembly and the indicators and strategies are not accessible to users....therefore can not access the indicator to delete it

Comment

Not sure I follow. Indicators/strategies in protected assemblies CAN be accessed by other NinjaScript indicators/strategies.

Comment

from where are they to be accessed?

I assumed you meant in the Bin/Custom/Indicator folder and delete the .cs there

if you mean the indicator is being accessed from within a strategy/chart, there are no workspaces except a new default workspace

please explain how/where to access exactly

Comment

It would be a custom NinjaScript Strategy/Indicator and not have anything to do with your workspace. I would edit each of the custom Strategies/Indicators to see if any of these use this indicator (Tools--> Edit NinjaScript--> Strategy or Indicators).
            JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

surely this is not the problem...

my custom strategy calls up my custom indicator so of course I know where the reference is...what does that have to do with deleting the assembly??

my strategy references a dozen other indicators and I have neven had a problem removing the assembly

please explain why this time it would be an issue?

Comment

>> I assumed you meant in the Bin/Custom/Indicator folder and delete the .cs there
                You NEVER remove NinjsScript strategies/indicatros like this but ONLY by Tools->Exit NinjaScript->Indicator/Strategy->Select->Delete.

The indicators in your protected assembly CAN be accessed by your customer's custom indicators/strategies -> thus your customers needs to remove HIS custom indicators/strategies which access YOUR inidcators before your assembly can be removed.

Comment

right...thanks Dierk

I was referring that customers can not see the protected indicators in the bin/custom/indicator folder..therefore can not delete there

did not think of deleting via Edit Ninjasript

thanks

Comment

my mistake....none of my custom indicators are listed under Edit Ninjasript/Inidicators

therefore he can not delete...therefore can not remove the dependency and assembly

other solutions?

Comment

of course they are not listed in Edit because they are protected and therefore can not be edited

so...how does he remove the dependency and then the assembly?

Comment

Not sure where your confusion is. I'm not talking about YOUR indicators to delete but the CUSTOMER's indicators/startegies which access YOUR indicators. Customer's indicators/strategies for sure are visible on Tools->Edit NinjaScript and can be deleted.

Comment

sorry....let me try again

I have a custom strategy which calls up a dozen or so of my custom indicators. All the strategies and indicators are distributed to customers in a protected assembly. As such, customers can add my indicators/strategies to their charts however can not view them in the Edit Ninjascript lists nor in the bin/custom folders.

This has worked perfectly for a year. I now have a customer who was doing the standard procedure for updating to my new assembly by first removing the old assembly, importing the new assembly and restarting NT to activate the new assembly.

When trying to remove the assembly he gets the error message in the first post....saying he first needs to remove the dependency of one of my indicators. This is the first this has happened and he is now unable to remove the old assembly. As a work around, he has been importing the new assembly over the old assembly and the indicators and strategies are working fine. Of course this is not what we want to do however he has no choice.

So....how does he remove the dependency?.....which should not be there in the first place as it is not a problem with anyone else over the last 12 months. I suspect the dependency error is a bug in NT is it not?

Comment

Please see my posts below: customer referenced YOUR indicators in HIS custom indicators/strategies and needs to remove HIS indicators/strategies before removing YOUR assembly. This always was the case never has changed since.

Comment

my misunderstaning...I thought by HIS indicators you were referring to MY indicators on HIS computer

anyway....he does not have any of HIS indicators that could be referencing MY indicators as he has not written any code.

so...

1. where could the dependency be coming from?

2. could the problem be his importing without removing first?

3. since he has been importing without removing and everything is working fine, does he (do we) have to remove the old assembly first?

thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by terofs, Yesterday, 04:18 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post terofs
                              by terofs

Started by CommonWhale, Today, 09:55 AM
                              1 response