TDAmeritrade data connection problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TDAmeritrade data connection problem

I'm using NT7 and I have been able to connect with TDAmeritrade data every day except today, it wouldn't connect and it gave me the following error:

TDAmeritrade ERROR: HTTP call failed: POSBALDATA

I've tried it on 2 computers - same issue. Works on NT8. I also tried what I saw in a separate post - delete the connection, repair DB, close NT7, open NT7, add connection again. Same error message pops up.

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20170327.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20170327.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The TDAmeritrade data feed for NT7 appears to be working fine today, so it must have been a server issue on their end.

Comment

HTTP call failed: POSBALDATA

I had exactly the same issue reported by mdcook01 yesterday 27/03/2017.

I am very upset because no matter how solid and bullet proof your strategy is, TDAmeritrade will manage to let you down with these constant connections problems.

For starters, I learned the hard way that you should only use their data feed only for backtesting, but not for live trading as very often you get the error (response too short (2D)(20(2D)(20)(2D)) because their server suddenly does not have the historical prices of the instrument you want to trade, and this happens at random as some instruments will be ok but others won't.

Then, there are countless connection errors, find below a few that I had yesterday:
        27/03/2017 18:56:09|0|2|TDA: ERROR: HTTP call failed: ORDERSTATUS
        27/03/2017 18:56:09|0|2|TDA: ERROR: HTTP call failed: POSBALDATA
        27/03/2017 18:56:09|0|2|TDA: ERROR: HTTP call failed: POSBALDATA
        27/03/2017 18:56:09|0|2|TDA: ERROR: HTTP call failed: ORDERSTATUS
        27/03/2017 18:56:42|0|2|TDA: ERROR: HTTP call failed: ORDERSTATUS
        27/03/2017 18:56:43|0|2|TDA: ERROR: HTTP call failed: POSBALDATA
        27/03/2017 18:56:43|0|2|TDA: ERROR: HTTP call failed: POSBALDATA
        27/03/2017 18:56:44|0|2|TDA: ERROR: HTTP call failed: ORDERSTATUS

If you rely on syncing positions with your broker and you do not get the correct response from the broker, your strategy is useless.
        I wonder if anyone is using NT/TDA without problems/issues.
        I wonder if using NT with Interactive brokers would be the way to go, as these connection problems which seem to be server related from TDA side are absolutely unacceptable for anyone trying to trade on a live account.
        Would NT8 be any different than NT7 in terms of connection issues with TDA? I doubt it since it all seems to be server related at TDA. Doesn't TDA give a damm about this? I am lost for words and very disappointed to say the least.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to speak on the quality of or make recommendations between these two data provides, as we are unable to provide any advice in regards to your trading methods. However, I can say that connection issues would be possible with any data provider but you may find one or a few data provides that you prefer over others.

However, I'm happy to leave this thread open for other users on our forum to leave their feedback.

Comment

mdcook01
            I 've been getting this error since yesterday from TDA on NT7, so far NT8 is working fine with TDA feed. Not sure what is causing it, don't have time or patience to trouble shoot, but will be interested in any solution to this problem with TDA on NT7.

Comment

Dear smtraderca,

Same happened to me, and the problem fixed itself Today, so 100% this was something on the TDA server side affecting NT7. My NT8 was fine just like yours. I too do not have the time or patience to troubleshoot but need something stable to work. I've been using the ridiculously small program (StretegyDesk) offered by TDA for about 10 years without any problems. Unfortunately such program was discontinued last year. Anyways, I think you need your strategy written for both NT7 and NT8 so you can switch to one or the other in situations like this.

Comment

Hello smtraderca,

Thanks for posting.

I would be happy to check into this item with you directly if you would please write in to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20170328.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20170328.txt"

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Just for reference, I occasionally see these randomly, but very rarely.

My NT7 connection has been spot on all week with no popups since Sunday night.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by techgetgame, Today, 11:42 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post techgetgame  
                  Started by sephichapdson, Today, 11:36 PM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes