Very basic brokerage questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very basic brokerage questions

Sorry for very basic questions. I have owned NT since around NT 6. I gave up trading for years. I'm thinking of returning to try it again. (Or not... still considering)

For FOREX, you seem to indicate your only partners are FXCM, which I understand is becoming Gain, and Interactive Brokers but not in US. So, IB doesn't support FOREX traders in USA?

At one time, you supported MB Trading for Forex. You don't seem to now. I thought MB Trading left the Forex market. But, their current site seems to list Forex now. Not sure the situation there. You do still list MB Trading as a partner but seemingly not for Forex. Can you clarify?

What partners are recommended for E-mini trading?

Why don't you have more connections to other brokers? Is it possible for developers to add connections for NT? I'm guessing no or presumably there would be more connection options. It would seem like it would be advantageous to you to allow developers to build connectors to brokers. Comments?

Hello Speedie6,

Thank you for your post.

For FOREX, you seem to indicate your only partners are FXCM, which I understand is becoming Gain, and Interactive Brokers but not in US. So, IB doesn't support FOREX traders in USA?
    Due to the current regulatory environment, FXCM and Interactive Brokers are no longer able to offer forex trading accounts for the US markets. Existing accounts with FXCM were transferred to GAIN Capital. At this time, GAIN Capital is the only supported broker for the NinjaTrader platform that can offer accounts for US residents.

At one time, you supported MB Trading for Forex. You don't seem to now. I thought MB Trading left the Forex market. But, their current site seems to list Forex now. Not sure the situation there. You do still list MB Trading as a partner but seemingly not for Forex. Can you clarify?
    MB Trading was acquired by TradeKing in August of 2015 and spot forex trading accounts were subsequently transferred to GAIN Capital.

What partners are recommended for E-mini trading?
    NinjaTrader now offers an in-house brokerage service for futures trading. This will give you a one-company solution for all of your trading needs: broker, platform, and market data feed.

You can also use the NinjaTrader platform to trade futures with Interactive Brokers if you are more interested in a third-party brokerage solution. You can find an updated list of supported brokers at the link below:
    Why don't you have more connections to other brokers? Is it possible for developers to add connections for NT? I'm guessing no or presumably there would be more connection options. It would seem like it would be advantageous to you to allow developers to build connectors to brokers. Comments?
    NinjaTrader does not offer an open API environment that would allow you to develop a trading interface for an unsupported broker.

Comment

Thanks for all the information. It would seem to me that it would be a good feature to add an API for new brokers. Though, I'm sure you want to make money. So, I would expect that you would only support the API for people that purchase the product. But it would be a good feature I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedie6 View Post
        Thanks for all the information. It would seem to me that it would be a good feature to add an API for new brokers. Though, I'm sure you want to make money. So, I would expect that you would only support the API for people that purchase the product. But it would be a good feature I think.
        It obviously was before, but not after their recent purchase.

#EXPECT MORE!

NinjaTrader offers exclusive software for futures trading. With our modern trading platform, you will control every step of your trading journey. Open account to trade futures with us!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post bmartz
        by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes