Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adding traget/stop suggestion

hi,

As far as Jessica's post here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...ad.php?t=6197&

It would be great if the stop would be be red and the profit green from side to side, just like a regular sl and tp...that way, i would be able to add trailing stop atm...

i hope this is added in nt7...

thanx

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

You can change the colors of the order by right clicking the DOM>Properties, and change the order colors to what you want.

However, to do what you suggest below may mislead people into thinking that these orders are actual stop losses and profit targets, which they are not.

For example you could place a market order of quantity one, then an OCO stop limit of quantity 2. When the stop limit is triggered it will actually flatten the existing open order and reverse them in the market.

In other words an order placed with the intent to protect another order is no necessarily a stop loss or profit target, so labeling them so would mislead.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ben View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for your post.

You can change the colors of the order by right clicking the DOM>Properties, and change the order colors to what you want.

However, to do what you suggest below may mislead people into thinking that these orders are actual stop losses and profit targets, which they are not.

For example you could place a market order of quantity one, then an OCO stop limit of quantity 2. When the stop limit is triggered it will actually flatten the existing open order and reverse them in the market.

In other words an order placed with the intent to protect another order is no necessarily a stop loss or profit target, so labeling them so would mislead.
      thanx, i think i sort of maybe understand...anyway, is there a way to place a stop loss/ tp on an open position that had none to begin with - at least the way i suggested?
      If not, would it not be a nice feature to have a buttion that says add sl/tp - especially to a position that had none?

thanx

Comment

Hello,

Yes, you can place an order that will act as a stop loss by following the instructions within the link you provided originally.

I will forward your suggestion to our development team. Thank you.
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post alifarahani  
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        1 response
        0 likes