Daily chart data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily chart data

Why is the globex (night session) data showing on previous day daily bar for es mini futures? Is there a setting to fix this?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

The time and dates on the bars are determined by your PC clock. Please alter your PC clock time to reflect the time you would like to refelect on your charts.

This will move the data from one day to another day around the day split.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Every other charting I have used (Futuresource, CQG) will do the day split automatically. Why would I need to change my PC clock to change the data. For example, es-mini opens 330pm CST and closes the next day 315pm CST. When it opens on the new session (330pm) there should be a new daily bar but at the moment that data is still being included in the previous day daily bar.

Comment

Hello,

The day split is done automatically using your PC clock. It is just that in NT you can adjust the time to dictate how you will see the chart time.

You can also eliminate bars/data from the chart to reflect the exact trading session day that you would like by right clicking the chart>properties, and set your session begins and ends times to reflect the "day" that you want to see. For example if you want to define your day as 7am (session begins) to 2pm (session ends) (PC clock time) you would only see bars between these times.

The PC clock adjustment functionality and the session ends and begins functionality is available to provide traders with the most customizable time settings available.

Comment

I do not see any time setting when going to the chart and right click > Properties

NT v6.5.1000.5

Comment

Hello,

Right click the chart>Properties, and look for "session ends" and "session begins".

Comment

I must be blind =) as the only "session" I see is the "session break line" under " Gridlines.
              Our company is evaluating the software for future use and I am using the free software with a esignal data feed, not sure if that matters.

Comment

A daily interval will create 24 hour daily bars. It is not possible to set the session begin and end times when you have a daily interval selected.

I suggest to use a minute interval that reflects the day market only. For example, the instrument trades from 9:00 AM till 4:00 PM, you would use a 420 minute interval. Using such an interval, you should be able to set the session begin and end times in the chart properties window.
                JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks NT Jason. That is what I thought. NT does order entry well but there is a lot of improvement and development needed in the charting and quote board.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. I am sure you will like version 7 then.

Comment

Excellent, look forward to new version.
                      Last edited by rwt168; 08-15-2008, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                      Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post chbruno