Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Login failed: Unable to connect to the remote server

Hello,

NinjaTrader has been connecting to my Continuum account for data with no problem for months on end. I've just tried to connect to Continuum now and get the error message:

Nothing has changed on my side. But to be extra sure I swithed off my Anti-Virus software Kasperky, I double checked my internet connection, and I switched off the windows firewall. Still, I get the same error.

I have attached my log file, but it really just says:

Code:
    2017/04/01 03:54:08 AM|1|2|(1) Continuum (Data only): Primary connection=Connecting, Price feed=Connecting
    2017/04/01 03:54:08 AM|1|2|Connecting to NinjaTrader data server (HDS3.NinjaTrader.com/31654)
    2017/04/01 03:54:09 AM|1|2|Connecting to NinjaTrader data server (HDS11.NinjaTrader.com/31654)
    2017/04/01 03:54:17 AM|3|2|(1) Continuum (Data only): Unable to connect to the remote server.(LoginFailed)
    Please help?!
    Attached Files

Originally posted by michellepace View Post
    Hello,

NinjaTrader has been connecting to my Continuum account for data with no problem for months on end. I've just tried to connect to Continuum now and get the error message:

Nothing has changed on my side. But to be extra sure I swithed off my Anti-Virus software Kasperky, I double checked my internet connection, and I switched off the windows firewall. Still, I get the same error.

I have attached my log file, but it really just says:

Code:
    2017/04/01 03:54:08 AM|1|2|(1) Continuum (Data only): Primary connection=Connecting, Price feed=Connecting
    2017/04/01 03:54:08 AM|1|2|Connecting to NinjaTrader data server (HDS3.NinjaTrader.com/31654)
    2017/04/01 03:54:09 AM|1|2|Connecting to NinjaTrader data server (HDS11.NinjaTrader.com/31654)
    2017/04/01 03:54:17 AM|3|2|(1) Continuum (Data only): Unable to connect to the remote server.(LoginFailed)
    Please help?!
    It's the start of the weekend, way after hours, middle of the night, markets are closed.

My guess is they are performing server maintenance.

Comment

Hello michellepace,

Thanks for your post.

Could you please send the log and trace from your platform to look further into this inquiry.

To send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-> Mail to Platform Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.

Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.
      Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank-you David and Shawn for your replies. It must have been as David said, maintenance, as I am able to login now.

I usually save the weekends for reviewing my trades and without being able to connect I'm not able to select the appropriate account to have my trades plotted of my chart.

Nevertheless, it's Sunday morning my time and I can now connect.

Thanks again.
        Michelle

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by CommonWhale, Today, 09:55 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
        Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
        2 responses