Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Losing connection to broker on trade execution

Hi guys

My broker is Patsystems. I've noticed over the last few days that 90% of the time that I get filled on an order, the connection is lost - i.e. I can place orders and they are accepted fine but when they are filled the connection is dropped.

When the connection comes back up again a few seconds later, I can see I'm filled because the price has traded through my order but the order shows up as still working even though the market has clearly gone through it, on the DOM, in the Orders tab of the control center and of chart trader.

I have to shutdown NT and reboot to show my position correctly reflected.

The logs aren't showing anything useful, e.g.

05/04/2017 16:41 Connection Berkeley Futures: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected
    05/04/2017 16:41 Connection Berkeley Futures: Primary connection=ConnectionLost, Price feed=Connected
    05/04/2017 16:40 Order Order='redacted' Name='Entry' New state=Working Instrument='ES 06-17' Action=Sell Limit price=2369.75 Stop price=0 Quantity=1 Type=Limit Filled=0 Fill price=0 Error=NoError Native error=''
    05/04/2017 16:40 Order Order='redacted' Name='Entry' New state=Accepted Instrument='ES 06-17' Action=Sell Limit price=2369.75 Stop price=0 Quantity=1 Type=Limit Filled=0 Fill price=0 Error=NoError Native error=''
    05/04/2017 16:40 Order Order=redacted' Name='Entry' New state=PendingSubmit Instrument='ES 06-17' Action=Sell Limit price=2369.75 Stop price=0 Quantity=1 Type=Limit Filled=0 Fill price=0 Error=NoError Native error=''
    05/04/2017 16:40 Order Submitting order with strategy id-'490c96932e7645ed9d3949d79d67b4b1' (Ticks)
    05/04/2017 16:40 Order Submitting order by chart trader direct entry
    Any ideas?

thanks

EDIT: I have had intermittent problems with my internet connection in the past, but the timing is way too coincidental - it happens at the exact moment I get filled.
    Last edited by trader_rick; 04-05-2017, 10:12 AM.

I'd like to take a deeper look into your diagnostic files. Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1688289 ATTN Patrick G

Please also include a link to this forum post in your message.

Comment

Sent email as requested.

regards

Comment

It's happening on every trade now. I'm having to stop trading. My stop got hit but the connection dropped. When I reconnected, my OCO target order had not been cancelled by the stop getting hit and was was left live and then triggered, putting me into a position I didn't want to be in.

Comment

Please contact your broker's orders desk immediately whenever there is any unexpected behavior while trading live.

I have followed up via email and will send another email so we can get to the root of the issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
          7 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post yertle
          by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes