Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: order inputting mechanism

Hi,

Just wanted to know if there is a way to put multiple orders on certain prices at the same time? In Just one click? Lets say for example i wanted to input a buy and sell order within a 10 tick difference in one click?

Hello mrxdaviepoo,

NinjaTrader does not provide any tools to place several entry orders with one button click by default.

However, this would be possible to do with a custom coded NinjaScript strategy or addon.

Would you like further information about getting started creating NinjaScripts?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes! That would be great! Im very code illiterate though.. is this still possible to do with minimal coding knowledge? I would really just need it to be within a 5-10 tick spread between currently traded price and only be placed when i would like it to. I would need it to follow my atm stop strategy

Comment

Hello mrxdaviepoo,

Below is a link to an example script that places an order after a button click.

If you would like to take on learning NinjaScript, we have a fully documented help guide which will help you get started with Ninja Script. You will find language references to all of the methods and functions you will be using. You will also see a tutorial section which will help you create your first indicator and get you started with some of these concepts.
        A link to our Help Guide with set of specific tutorials for creating conditions in the NinjaTrader 8 Strategy Builder in the NinjaTrader 8 help guide:

The entire Alphabetical Reference can be found with the following link:

The best way to begin learning NinjaScript is to use the Strategy Builder. With the Strategy Builder you can setup conditions and variables and then see the generated code in the NinjaScript Editor by clicking the View Code button.

I'm also proving a link to a pre-recorded set of videos 'Strategy Builder 301' and 'NinjaScript Editor 401' for you to view at your own convenience.
        Strategy Builder 301 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCyt...We0Nf&index=10
        NinjaScript Editor 401 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA0W...ZmVnauWXkWe0Nf

If you are new to C#, to get a basic foundation for the concepts and syntax used in NinjaScript I would recommend this section of articles in our help guide first:

I am also linking you to the Educational Resources section of the Help Guide to help you get started with NinjaScript:

We also have a few tutorials in our NinjaTrader 7 help guide for both Indicators and Strategies.

You will find Reference Samples online as well as some Tips and Tricks for both indicators and strategies:
        Click here to see our NinjaScript Reference Samples: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...splay.php?f=30
        Click here to see our NinjaScript Tips: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3229

These samples can be downloaded, installed and modified from NinjaTrader and hopefully serve as a good base for your custom works.

There is a also a growing library of user submitted custom indicators (100+) that can be downloaded from our support form. Please look in the NinjaScript File Sharing section of our support forum as you may find what you are looking for there: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...splay.php?f=37

Please let me know if you have any questions.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello! I appreciate your help! I took a look at the above material and I think if I tried to tackle this, I would end up getting the strategy done by next year. Outcome probably won't be that good either... :*( do you guys have some kind of service at ninja trader that allows for coding for customers?

Comment

Hello mrxdaviepoo,

This is Ryan L. from the NinjaTrader Ecosystem responding on behalf of my colleague Chelsea.

I have provided a link below that will show you the NinjaTrader Ecosystem vendros that provide NinjaScript Consulting services. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more!

This NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns or if I can provide any further assistance by responding to this thread at your convenience.
            Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
            Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
            1 response
            0 likes