Strategy and indicator not backtesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy and indicator not backtesting

I’ve created a custom indicator and a strategy that uses that indicator. During real trading everything works fine. Also, when the strategy is first loaded to a chart, all of the historical data on the chart is processed and marked up properly. However, nothing is working right when using the strategy analyzer. It runs, but no data comes back at all. The Chart tab displays the correct information, but nothing shows up in the Summary – not a single trade. I’ve double checked all the setting in the Analyzer but can’t figure this one out.
    I put a Print statement in the OnBarUpdate() of both the strategy and indicator. The strategy prints to the output window, but the indicator does not.
    Any ideas what could be causing this?
    Thanks
    -Scott

I'd like to add that after the backtest runs and I get no data in the Summary screen or my Output windown, as soon as I click the Chart Tab, the strategy process all the historical data and fills the output window with what should have happend in the backtest.

Why would that be?

-Scott

Comment

Sorry I don't know what's going on. I suggest debugging your strategy as per here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...ead.php?t=3418

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jaybedreamin  
      Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DJ888