• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strange error using Strategy Wizard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange error using Strategy Wizard

I am using the strategy wizard to create a breakout strategy. I'm only using price and Bollinger Bands, plus a trailing stop. When I try to finish the wizard I am consistently getting a message " Cannot implicitly convert int to dbl" (or something to that effect). I am posting some screen shots showing the user values I am creating for the strategy, the error message ( as well as the line location where the error is indicated (line 70), and a snapshot of the value that the variable gets converted to in the "parameter" section of the code. I don't understand why I am getting this error. The variable is being declared as a dbl, and I think it needs to be since it is not a whole number. Any advice as to how to correct this would be appreciated, or could it possibly be a bug?
    DaveN
    Attached Files

You declared your input parameter BBPrd as integer (like 1, 2, 3, 4) but initialized it with a double=floating point value (1.2). Please redeclare as double or initialize with just "1".
    DierkNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Dierk

I must have opened the strategy up and looked at it at least ten times and I never saw that bonehead mistake. Fixed it and it runs great now. Sometimes its really the little detailed stuff that messes me up. Probably good that I don't program for a living or we'd be eating lots of potatoes and not much else.
      Thanks again.
      DaveN

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Sh00tHerMcGavin, Today, 07:39 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Sh00tHerMcGavin  
      Started by Mberg, Today, 05:13 PM
      0 responses