Entry windows (MBT Forex)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entry windows (MBT Forex)

I plan to use NinjaTrader to trade Forex on MBT. (just using demo MBT for now)

I just bought NinjaTrader and the order entry windows don't work like I expected them to...

On FX Pro window... if I set my order type to StopLimit I can't type in a limit price or stop price. It will allow me to use the up and down arrows to go up pip by pip. To move up or down pip by pip when settings are set to pip it is really laggy and slow. It will move at an ok speed when set to Half Pips or Tenth Pips, but that would take me forever to get to my desired price if I can only click pip by pip. Shouldnt I be able to type in my prices?

On the Basic Entry window....I can select my account, but it doesnt show my forex instrument like it does in the FX Pro window. Can I not use the basic entry window with Forex?

Thanks for the help
    Last edited by RSTLNE; 08-17-2008, 05:40 PM.

Hello,

Unfortunately it is not possible to trade FOREX using the basic entry order window.

As far as being able to type in your prices with the FX PRO entry window, I will forward this suggestion to our development team for future considerations in the NinjaTrader platform.
    MichaelNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

RSTLNE,

You can open a navigator window within NT to do what you're looking for (i believe).

Just got to File->New and select MBT Navigator. Check around in there.
      mrlogik
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Purelogik Trading

Comment

Sorry RS, can I add a few questions here:

1. If I set to tenth pip (becasue I using MBT) then on the Super Dom window it is very difficult to see and manage the trade using this NT tool because the quotes on the price ladder are in tenth pip and I don't want to see every single tenth pip here becasue the price ladder will be quite long (unless there is a setting I can change), and the super dom is my one important consideration for me to use NT. TenthPip' is when if you have a 'FRACTIONAL' spread account so do I really need to select this? BTW I will be trading minilots. On the demo, when i do select 'PIPS' and I do trade using the superdom, it does allow me to trade in 10,000 lots.

2. So I have to switch to the FX Pro tool in NT, here I can't manually 'type' in the amount I want for any order such as a stop order, I will need to use the up and down. Sometimes the amount from my entry price and the number I wish to make an order is many pips away so if I click up or down, it could take a many seconds. Sometimes even, the I get a base zero number and I would need to press up to the actual number. The workaround I have for this is to go to the main control centre and then input from there. Which defeats the idea that NT is about helping you to speed up you trade entries. So is my method in 2 right now is the most efficient way or am I missing something here?

Sorry, newbie questions but I need to ask. Thanks for your time.

Comment

Correct, you will need to select Tenth Pip when you have a fractional spread account.

The following step will speed up the process. Click the middle mouse button in the Price field and the current bid price will appear. Subsequently you can use the arrow keys or your mouse scroll wheel to navigate to the desired price.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post chbruno
          by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
          6 responses