chart not updating, redux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chart not updating, redux

Here's a new twist on the same problem I've been having for years (and nobody has found an answer for, after many posts to this forum):
    See attached chart:
    In the "Data Series" the "End date" says 5/6/2017 (today) but the chart stopped back in February (! WTF?).
    I really would like to know why this keeps happening (charts stop updating themselves---usually, the "End date" shown in Data Series is the same as the end date on the chart itself, so this disconnect is a new twist, where the Data Series thinks the chart is updating but it's not).
    I'm still using EOD Kinetick data, which is supposed to be good, but obviously there are some seriously problems with it.
    I've tried the usual, "Reload all historical data", that didn't work (never does).
    I've tried "reload Ninjascript". never works.
    I tried changing the Session template from "use instrument settings" (that's what the setting was when the chart was created) to "Defvault 24/7". That didn't make the chart update itself either.
    So how the heck do you get a chart that's not updating to start updating properly???
    Tasuki
    p.s. forgot to add:
    tools/options/data/Repair DB (database) doesn't work either. I didn't try "Reset DB", "Reset Instruments", or "Account Grps." because I don't know what they do (but I would like to know---might one of them fix the problem?)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tasuki; 05-07-2017, 01:12 AM.

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20170507.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20170507.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post algospoke  
    Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM