• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Data Feed question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Feed question

I am about to set up forward testing and I have a couple questions. I have only done testing with historical data that I imported.

I just got my account set up with my Forex broker and now have a connection.

My strategy requires 41 days worth of daily data for each calculation. Let's say my computer is shutdown for a day accidentally. When I get home to turn it back on, will it load the days worth of data that it missed from the broker?

Also, I used 1140 minute bars (1 day bars) in my backtesting since I had to import from TS. Should I apply my strategy to daily charts? Or 1140 minute bar charts?

Thanks.

Provided your data provider offers historical data it will backfill your database for you automatically.

I would say use daily charts since it is more standard, but it is up to you.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

the Forex broker I'm currently using doesn't provide historical data.

So, I imported from TS using NT's script, and the program would only allow 1 minute exports and imports.

The problem is that I need to apply my strategy to a daily chart. I imported 60 days of 1 minute data for EURUSD, but it wont modify this into a daily chart.

How can I apply my strategy to a daily chart using the 60 days of 1 minute data?

Thanks

Originally posted by Josh View Post
      Provided your data provider offers historical data it will backfill your database for you automatically.

I would say use daily charts since it is more standard, but it is up to you.

Comment

Use your 1440 min bars then. It will produce the same results as a daily chart provided your imported data does not contain pre/post market data. If it does it will still be mostly the same except your OHLC will engulf pre/post market hours.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jerblaster23, Today, 03:42 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by brian meade, Today, 01:39 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes