Positions.MarketPosition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Positions.MarketPosition

When using the following code, my position ends up +- 10 contracts. Can anyone tell me why?

Code:
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]if[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] (Positions[[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]].MarketPosition!=MarketPosition.Short)
    { 
    EnterShortLimit( [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2],[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]true[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2],[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]5[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2], GetCurrentBid( [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] ), [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"Short"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]);
    }
    [/SIZE][/FONT]

I suggest debugging your strategy as per here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...ead.php?t=3627

Comment

OK I have solved my original problem by adding that code to my initialize method. Now when I turn on my strategy, I get the following message...

8/18/2008 10:39:14 AM Entered internal PlaceOrder() method at 8/18/2008 10:39:14 AM: Action=SellShort OrderType=Limit Quantity=5 LimitPrice=1.8601 StopPrice=0 SignalName='Futures Short' FromEntrySignal=''
      8/18/2008 10:39:14 AM Ignored PlaceOrder() method at 8/18/2008 10:39:14 AM: Action=SellShort OrderType=Limit Quantity=5 LimitPrice=1.8601 StopPrice=0 SignalName='Futures Short' FromEntrySignal='' Reason='Exceeded entry signals limit based on EntryHandling and EntriesPerDirection properties'

My position is long 5 contracts, and it is ignoring my orders to sell saying 'Exceeded entry signals limit based on EntryHandling and EntriesPerDirection properties'. Additionally, my positions are no longer showing up in the Positions tab, they only show in the strategy tab. Also, no orders are showing up in my Orders window anymore either.

Comment

Please consult the docs to understand NT's entry order handling and related options/properties: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview36.html

Comment

I cannot find anything in the documentation that explains why my strategies tab shows a position of 5L, however my positions, executions and orders tabs are all blank. This was working for me earlier this am.

Comment

Because the 5L could result from the backtest part of the strategy and does not result in actual/live orders/positions/execution.

To avoid this you could add
            Code:
            if (Historical)
                 return:
            at the beginning of your OnBarUpdate method

Comment

Great. Thanks for your help!!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by habeebft, Today, 07:27 AM