Unable to update data from Yahoo finance 15 May 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to update data from Yahoo finance 15 May 2017

Hi, NT has not been able to update the latest OHLC yahoo data on 15 May 2017. The website is already showing the latest data though.

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20170515.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20170515.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I cannot access Yahoo either

Yahoo data feed stopped working for me today May 16,2017, tried with NT6.5 on old laptop and NT7 on WIn 7 desktop. None of my charts will update. What has Yahoo done?

Comment

AbcRocks,

Thanks for posting.

Yahoo would only be able to provide data for Daily interval charts and higher, so it would be expected that Minute and Tick-based charts would not update in real time. Do you see data as expected on a Daily chart?

Comment

No, none of my DAILY charts will update as of today May 16, 2017. Yahoo has been re-designing their Finance component of their site lately.

Comment

AbcRocks,

I would be happy to check into this item with you as well. Could you please follow the steps in my earlier post to write in to Platform Support so I may assist further?

Comment

Been working all day getting my code to work with Yahoo's new historical quotes format. Yahoo has some bugs in the new stuff and missing data. My intra-day yahoo charts are not working either. Yahoo had really been mucking with the site of late. Guess trying to keep the programmers busy.

Comment

Hello rchupp,

Thank you for your post,

I can confirm I am seeing the same issue on my end with the Yahoo connection. I have forwarded to our development team to look into further. We will update here as soon as additional information is available.

We look forward to assisting further.
                Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your patience.

Yahoo Finance data is currently unavailable:

Once Yahoo resolves this, Yahoo should again provide data into NinjaTrader. A disconnect and reconnect after the issue is resolved will most likely be required.

For the time being, you can connect to Kinetick — End of Day (Free) to populate your daily charts, however, not all instruments may be available.

Comment

I have the same problem with Yahoo, but when I changed my connection to Google and Kinetick, I realized that both of them have data errors as this in a lot of tickers:

I have the same problem with Yahoo, but when I changed my connection to Google and Kinetick, I realized that both of them have data errors as this in a lot of tickers:
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 05-18-2017, 06:36 AM.

Comment

dvdhuidobro, I could not reproduce the issue in your screenshot when loading a ROK daily chart using Kinetick EOD or Google as my data provider.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1709126 ATTN Patrick G. Please also include the screenshot, a brief description of what you're experiencing, and a link to this forum thread.

Comment

Switched from Yahoo to Kinetick using Market Analyzer

Since Yahoo finance quit on May 12,2017 have exported my TSX instrument lists to Excel using the Grid | Export function of Market Analyzer with the Instrument column. From Excel the symbols were copied/pasted into TextPad for some macro editing to convert the format from:

SYMBOL.TO to C.SYMBOL

The final step was to File | Utilities | Import Stock Symbol List and load the converted Kinetick symbols. I now have both Yahoo and Kinetick instrument lists for the TSX and my weekly Strategy Analyzer scanner can run again using the Kinetick connection .

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                        Thanks for your patience.

Yahoo Finance data is currently unavailable:

Once Yahoo resolves this, Yahoo should again provide data into NinjaTrader. A disconnect and reconnect after the issue is resolved will most likely be required.

For the time being, you can connect to Kinetick — End of Day (Free) to populate your daily charts, however, not all instruments may be available.

Comment

Is this the problem with Yahoo data?

I noticed this post on another forum where someone seems to have identified the change in Yahoo API..

Does this help anyone at NT fix it?

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I have forwarded this to the Development Team.

Comment

You may wish to support the feature request in the thread Feature request - Yahoo historical data.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post algospoke  
                              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred