Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Large amount of entry orders

Hi,

When the number of historical orders and execution records stored under Control Center is getting large, say over tens of thousands of entries are recorded, the new orders seem to get filled slower than before.

Does it reallyaffect the speed of order executionwhen historical entries are accumulating in the database? My strategy requires rapid filling of many small orders.

How can I selectively delete the historical entriesthat Ithink are no more needed? Or any tipson NT database maintenance for large number of order entries? It is taking a lot of time to load up all the historical orders on NT startup. How can I clean up the databaseas itis becomingexcessively large. I can't just open it with MS Access and take them out because the orderIDs and account info are interlinked?

Thanks,

DCT

imported post

a) Sim account(s): You can clear them out
    b) live accounts: right now no means to clear out historical order/executions data
    c) CC only holds order/executions of the day -> you need to execute 10,000 orders to make them appear on the grid.
    d) adding records to the grid does not affect the speed of execution

Comment

imported post

Dierk,

Thanks for the info. One question, if the orders are deleted after a day, will the average entry price for the current open position still available for tradestation strategy calculation?

Also, what do you mean by having 10,000+ orders in order to show on the grid? If I have over 10,000 orders in a day, they won't get deleted at day end? Could you be more specific please, I am new to NinjaTrader.

Thanks,

DCT

Comment

imported post

Orders and executions are never deleted. But only orders and executions of the day are pulled into the grid as you connect.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post trilliantrader  
        Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred