Export Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Export Issues

Hi. I need to transfer source files to a user so they can take over and continue development.
    They import the source successfully and are able to compile and use it on their machine. However when they attempt to export the compiled assembly for their clients use. They get a message that says that the target machine much have a list of assemblies (see attached image). These assemblies reside on my machine. What do I need to do in order for the source not to be "dependent" on all these previous iterations that I have on my machine? Thank you
    Attached Files

Hello xmess7,

Thanks for your post.

You would need to create a "clean" installation that does not include 3rd party DLLs.

The easiest way to accomplish this is to shutdown NinjaTrader7 and then rename your existing Documents>NinjaTrader7 folder to something else such as NinjaTrader7production. Next, reinstall (or repair) Ninjatrader 7 to create a new /clean Documents>NinjaTrader7 folder.

To export anything, copy the source code from NinjaTrader7production to the new clean NinjaTrader7 folder, compile and export as needed from the clean environment.

To switch back to your normal environment, after exporting from the clean environment, shutdown ninjaTrader, rename the new NT7 from Documents>NinjaTrader7 to Documents>NinjaTrader7clean and switch back to your normal environment by renaming the production folder to Documents>NinjaTrader7 and then restart NinjaTrader7.

You can now switch back and forth as needed simply by renaming the NinjaTrader7 folder(s) and restarting NinjaTrader7
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanx for the info.
      It's unfortunate that this has to be done. But alas you go with the flow.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post arvidvanstaey  
      Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
      16 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post samish18