sub-pip display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sub-pip display

MBTrading, and others, use 1/10 pip pricing. I notice that in some places, the chart will display the sub-pip price with an apostrophe, like: 0.8905'5. That's nice. But, in some places, it don't. It just displays 0.89055. Could you please make this consistent?

I also notice that it won't display a sub-pip if the sub-pip is 0. Which I understand the idea is to not display too much information. But, I'd prefer it to be consistent. Go ahead and show the '0.

Thanks for the suggestion. We will add it to the list of future considerations. Please ensure you have subpip support checked in the Tools->Option->Misc.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
      Please ensure you have subpip support checked in the Tools->Option->Misc.
      Yes, of course.

Comment

Great. Was just checking . It is on the list of future considerations. Thanks.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Speedie6 View Post
          MBTrading, and others, use 1/10 pip pricing. I notice that in some places, the chart will display the sub-pip price with an apostrophe, like: 0.8905'5. That's nice. But, in some places, it don't. It just displays 0.89055. Could you please make this consistent?
          Could you provide a screenshot showing this inconsistency next time you see it?

Thanks
          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
            Could you provide a screenshot showing this inconsistency next time you see it?
            What would be the best way to submit it? E-mail? Post in this forum?

Comment

You can send it either way just please make sure to mention this post if you send it by email.
              JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jessica View Post
                You can send it either way just please make sure to mention this post if you send it by email.
                Okay, here's a printscreen:

Notice, for example, that 103.71'6 has the apostrophe, and 103.539 does not.

Comment

Are you referring to the indicator price markers? Since they are not "tick size" aligned, but could be any "odd" value, they can't formatted like instrument prices.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
                    Are you referring to the indicator price markers? Since they are not "tick size" aligned, but could be any "odd" value, they can't formatted like instrument prices.
                    I'm not fully understanding what you are saying. But, it seems to me you could make the arrows consistent. For example, one red arrow has 103.71'6 (with apostrophe). But another red arrow has 103.120 (no apostrophe). The blue and black arrows have no apostrophe, but the grey arrow has an apostrophe. Also, of the two black arrows, one of them the sub-pip is 0, so, it doesn't show it at all, it only has 2 decimal places.

Perhaps I'm being "anal" but, when thinking, "okay, I'm 'x' pips from my target..." and all the numbers I'm looking at are formatted different, its not as nice as it could be. Of course, its not the proverbial end of the world, so I don't want to be complaining too bad. I'm just saying that it would be nicer if these were consistent. Thanks.

Comment

The blue/black price markers are coming from your indicator which holds values NOT tick size aligned -> those values can't be formatted with an apostrophe.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
                        The blue/black price markers are coming from your indicator which holds values NOT tick size aligned -> those values can't be formatted with an apostrophe.
                        Ah, okay. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
                        7 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                        Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes