Historical futures tick data sources?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical futures tick data sources?

This question is directed as much to other NT users as it is to NT itself. Where the heck can I buy historical futures tick data that is in NT's semi-colon delimited format? Does anyone else in the world use this format other than NT?

I'm looking for about 6 months to 1 year's worth of tick data (Time & Sales) on about 20 U.S futures contracts.

Here's where I've checked so far:
    1) TTFIX feed. This can't be used since it's T&S + BBBO + other junk and these items can't be seperated.
    2) OpenTick - this data was so corrupted that it was worthless
    3) CQG DataFactory - they wanted a $5000 minimum order b/c users have had problems with NT's format and it would require programming time.
    4) CME Datamine - Very expensive at $500+/ct/yr and the format is .csv. I haven't called them yet to see if they could create a custom run for NT's format.
    5) TickData - a) I don't like the filtered data product, b) their TickWrite s/w doesn't support NT's format.

Thank you in advance for your help,
    Lou
    Last edited by bluelou; 08-20-2008, 12:35 PM.

Hello,

I would contact these data providers first:

Then do an internet search. I do not have any other sources. Perhaps some other NinjaTrader users have some suggestions.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ben,
      I've already done that. The providers on the link you sent either 1) don't sell historical data, 2) offer only a few days worth of data, or 3) I've already mentioned them in my previous post.

Other than the link you've attached do you or does anyone else know of a single firm that sells historical futures T&S tick data in the NT semi-colon delimited format?

Isn't this bordering on the absurd for a trading platform? The required NT data format is so unique that apparently no firm sells tick data that is compatible with it.

-Lou

Comment

a) as last resort you could contact a certified NinjaScript consultant who would convert the data for you: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm
        b) NT7 will come with a more flexible import tool

Comment

Dierk,
          I think a), a custom programming job is the only solution until NT7 is available. Do you know of anyone from the link you've attached that has created a data conversion utility?

FWIW, given a choice, if I can get someone to program the conversion to the NT format, I'd probably go with CQG DataFactory since it's about 1/4th the price of buying straight from the CME.

Thank you for the suggestion,
          Lou

Comment

>> Do you know of anyone from the link you've attached that has created a data conversion utility?
            Unfortunately I don't know, but data conversion likely could be done by any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by bluelou View Post
              Dierk,
              I think a), a custom programming job is the only solution until NT7 is available. Do you know of anyone from the link you've attached that has created a data conversion utility?

FWIW, given a choice, if I can get someone to program the conversion to the NT format, I'd probably go with CQG DataFactory since it's about 1/4th the price of buying straight from the CME.

Thank you for the suggestion,
              Lou
              Lou,

You might also check out http://www.regisdata.co.uk/tickdata.htm and http://www.tickdatamarket.com (I have no affiliation with either company).

If you're able to get the data you want but its layout doesn't match what NT requires, PM me and I will reformat the files for you (no charge).

Regards,

JF

Comment

JF,
                Thanks for the offer but I'm going to pay someone to create a file conversion utility. Also, I'm not too keen on sharing data that I've just purchased. Thx for the offer though.

-Lou

Comment

Originally posted by bluelou View Post
                  JF,
                  Thanks for the offer but I'm going to pay someone to create a file conversion utility. Also, I'm not too keen on sharing data that I've just purchased. Thx for the offer though.

-Lou
                  No problem. Good luck.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jclose
                  by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM