Auto reconnect to TWS after daily shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto reconnect to TWS after daily shutdown

Having finally got my Vista64 computer working with both standalone TWS and NT, I want to start using FX Pro. Three questions, please :

1. Most of my trades are swing trades, ie. greater than 1 day duration : is there any facility to automatically reconnect NT to TWS after its daily shutdown period ?
    2. If not, am I correct in thinking that stop and target orders will reside on the IB servers and should therefore execute if hit (assuming not simulated orders & appropriately configured TWS) ?
    3. I see I can set the scale size in the FX Pro Properties window : can this be configured for each currency, as IB have different minimum lot sizes per currency ?

Tks,

J.
    Last edited by jtrade; 08-20-2008, 02:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Thank you for your post.

1- This is not a supported feature.

2- This link has details regarding this:

3-Here you have two options: a) enter the Qty you desire in the DOM, then enter an ATM strategy>right click the ATM Strategy window>Manage ATM Templates, and save an ATM with a name that is unique to the currency you want to trade. Then do this again with a different Qty and name it a unique name for the currency you want to trade. Now you can select the ATM you want which will auto-fill the Qty field (scale qty). You will still need to change the instrument.

Or b) you can use two Fx Pro's with the settings you want in Properties>Scale quantity, and in the Instrument dropdown. Then save the workspace File>Workspaces>Save As. Now you can pull up the workspace with the Order qty and instrument you want already in the in the FX Pro.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Very helpful, thank-you. Ben.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by gravdigaz6, Today, 11:40 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
      Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM