Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can not download CT 12-17 data

Hi there,

Whilst downloaded data for CT-0717 futures contract works without any problems on my Continniuum connection - for some reason NT doesn't seem able to download the data for the December contract of cotton.

Although NT says it is downloading the data, when I go to open a CT 12-17 chart there is no data. Additionally there is no data in my database for cotton.(see screenshot)

Please can you tell me how to get data for CT 12-17?

Thanks,
    Michelle
    Attached Files

Historical data is recorded on NinjaTrader's servers 6 months in advance. The CT 12-17 has not yet been added to the historical servers, but should begin recording next week. What you're seeing is expected.

Real-time data should print on your chart, but due to the low volume of the CT 12-17 it might be some time before a tick appears.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 06-06-2017, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      Historical data is recorded on NinjaTrader's servers 6 months in advance.
      Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your reply. What you said made complete sense however I am not experiencing the exact same problem with SB 10-17 (which is less than 6 months away).

As with cotton, SB is on ICE which I do not subscribe to with Continuum. However, as you mentioned I should be getting delayed data (just as I am with SB 07-17 now).

Please could you tell me why I don't see data for SB 10-17 when it is less than 6 months away?

To Add: it appears that SB 10-17 minute data has indeed downloaded but even so I cannot see anything on a chart). Please see screenshot attached. "reload all historical data" doesn't put anything on the chart either.

Thanks in advance,
      Michelle
      Attached Files
      Last edited by michelle99; 06-07-2017, 12:53 AM.

Comment

I'd like to first clarify your delayed data comment. You are not receiving 'delayed data'. 'Delayed data' implies that the data updates in real-time but is delayed from the current time by x amount of time. What you are receiving for instruments which you are not subscribed to in real-time is historical data only.

With that said, I can receive SB 07-17 historical data without issue from a NinjaTrader Continuum demo connection (no real-time data for SB). I suspect this is a chart cache issue. Please delete your cache and test. To delete the cache, follow the steps below.
        • Shut down NinjaTrader.
        • Open the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > db folder.
        • Delete the sub-folder named 'cache'.
        • Restart and test

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post Jon17
        by Jon17