Same Strategy Performing Differently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same Strategy Performing Differently

I am running the same exact strategy on 2 different computers. Everything in the strategies is exactly the same. The charts and indicators are all set up exactly the same way. I am running them on 2 computers on demo accounts connected to ninja trader continuum. The strategies are running on 5NTRenko Charts.

However, the strategy is performing differently on one computer compared to the other computer. Most of the behavior is the same, but there are many instances of one strategy making a trade while another not. There are also instances of one strategy taking a trade a bit later than the other strategy.

Is there any explanation for this outside of internet connectivity error?
    Could it be due to ninjatrader becoming overfilled with data and having lag time or something?
    Any other possible explanation?

Thank you!

Hello defo1,

Thanks for opening the thread.

There are some reasons that could cause a strategy to perform differently on one PC and another.

I would first check that the PC clock is synchronized. I'll include some instructions if you need to reference them:
    • Close NinjaTrader.
    • Open the Windows Control Panel
    • Select Date and Time
    • Press 'Change time zone...'.
    • Set the time zone and press 'OK'.
    • Click on Internet Time tab.
    • Set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update.
    • Ensure to check for a message under the Update button that says it was successful.
    • If it did not properly sync, even after a few tries, try manually setting your PC clock and then syncing.

Trades performance could differ slightly on tick data, as the time you build a tick data series changes the "starting tick" of the data series. This would not make a difference for single tick granularity as each bar of a single tick data series is only one tick.

I am not an expert on NTRenko bars, and I do not know how these bars are built. A good test for comparison that I could look into as well would be to use the SampleMACrossover strategy with Market Replay Data and compare results between PC's.

If you need to reference using Market Replay Data, you can do so here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ket_replay.htm

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of further assistance.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Waxavi
    by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
    0 responses