5NT Renko Candles Change to 4NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5NT Renko Candles Change to 4NT

I am running a strategy on a 5NT Renko Candle chart. It is a Sim101 account with a Demo connection. I have been running the strategy for a few days, and as I go back to look at some data from days past, I noticed that the candles stopped being 5NT and changed to 4NT with no explanation. The chart data series is still set as 5NT, but the bars on the chart itself are 4NT bars.

Occasionally I will come across 1 or 2 5NT candles, but for the most part, it is creating 4NT candles.

Why did it randomly switch?

Thank you.

Hello defo1,

Thanks for opening the thread.

We do not use NTRenko bars in the support department, so I would not be able to look into this matter on my end for that bar type.

One thing we can do to troubleshoot is to make sure that this issue is not present in NinjaTrader's default bar types. If you are encountering an issue with minute bars for example, we would be able to look into this further on our end.

Another set of steps that we could do to troubleshoot would be to create a new workspace, and recreate one of your charts with that bar type without using any templates. If the issue no longer persists, then we know that the issue had to do with a corrupt workspace or template, and the offending workspace or template would have to be recreated. If you are still able to come across the issue despite building a new chart in
    a fresh workspace, we know that it is isolated to the bartype, and the vendor should be contacted so they can look into the issue further.

Please let me know if I can be of further help.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Actually, my apologies. I rescind the question. I did some research into the topic and realized that this apparently standard behavior for 5NT Renko Candles.

Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Kensonprib, 04-28-2021, 10:11 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Hasadafa  
      Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
      11 responses
      0 likes