Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Automated Start Up and Record for later playback.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automated Start Up and Record for later playback.

I have a day job which I would like to replace by day trading. Who wouldn't? I have a trading methodology that I need to practice, a lot,before going live. The NT playback facility is exactly what I was looking for. It will enable me to get comfortable with NTand trade real data in the evening after the markets are closed, just like a PVR lets you time shift TV.

I recorded a sample on Friday and it worked very well. The only problem is that in order torecord enough data for my indicators to be available at the open, I need to start up NT at 4 am my time and setup either the DOMs or charts to record the 3 contracts I'm interested in (ES, ER2 & YM)

While it is possible for me to get up at that time, the lazy streak in me is looking for a way to automate the start up and recording.

Is there a way to do this with NT5?

If not will NT6 be able to do it?

If not are there any key-stroke record/playback tools that would be able to interact with NT5?

Thanks in advance.

PS. I really like the chart trading UI.

imported post

Hi,

There is no way to do this with NT5 nor do we have plans to include this type of feature in NT6. I am not familiar with tools that woud automate this process although I know they exist.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Hi,

I tried several alternatives but this was the easiest for me as I use windows script host quite a lot.

The attachment is a windows script host file. WSH is part of windows XP and should be readily available to Windows users.

The script starts NT5, waits for it to start and then sends key strokes to select and connect to my IB connection. It then waits for a programmed exit time. At the exit time, it brings NT5 into focus and sends the key strokes to exit NT5.

The script can be copied anywhere buy I put it in the NT5 folder. Itmay then be executed from the task scheduler (All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Task Scheduler). I have mine set to start at 4 am.

The script is not able to read anything back from NT5 so there are wait statements that should allow enough time for NT5to respond.

It should be reliable enough for starting, connecting and stopping NT5 for playback later, but I would not rely on it to do anything with real money!

This allows me to sleep later! Hope it helps other folks here.

Ian

Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by FrazMann, Today, 11:21 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post FrazMann  
      Started by geddyisodin, Yesterday, 05:20 AM