Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Connect to Forex Data on Laptop

Hello,

I'm using NT8 on my PC computer to trade the Forex markets, but I have an indicator on my laptop NT7 installation that only works with NT7, so I want to have NT8 running on my PC and NT7 running on my laptop, when trading the Forex markets.

But when I tried to do so, it disconnected my PC computer from the Forex markets and gave me an error message on my laptop computer.

On my laptop, the provider for Forex data is NinjaTrader FXCM.

On my PC the provider for Forex data is NinjaTrader FXCM.

I have a Kinetic subscription, can I use Kinetic data on my laptop to trade the Forex markets?

If so, how would I do so?

Screenshot attached,
    Attached Files

Hello i2w8am9ii2,
    You will be able to use NinjaTrader on separate PC's at the same time however you will only be able to trade live with one of your PC's. It is not recommended to attempt to trade across two separate PC's at the same time. However, you may use one computer for analysis and the other for order entry with the two data feeds you currently use.

Comment

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your reply.

I went to the Kinetic site and tried to find the Forex symbols to use in Ninjatrader, but as usual, their site is not intuitive and comes up with no results when I enter AUDUSD or AUDUSD. or even the exact symbol as it is given in Ninjatrader 8 for Kinetic (AUDUSD.FXCM).

I will try the symbols that I found in NT8 that are listed for Kinetic and see if they work for NT7.
      Last edited by i2w8am9ii2; 06-23-2017, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Hi Ryan,

I am still trying to use NT7 for my Forex analysis and NT8 for my trade entries, but with no luck.

I cannot use NinjaTrader FXCM on my PC and NinjaTrader FXCM on my laptop simultaneously.

And the Forex symbols that I try in NT7 don't work for the Kinetic data-feed.

And the Forex symbols that I should be using for the Kinetic data-feed while using NT7 are nowhere to be found.

Comment

Hello i2w8am9ii2,
          Can you please clarify which symbol you are attempting to view?

Comment

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your follow up.

I have tried several, such as:

AUDUSD (AUDUSD.FXCM); EURCHF (EURCHF.FXCM); EURJPY EURJPY.FXCM

But in NT7, it automatically changes the symbols I enter into this format: $AUDUSD; $EURCHF; $EURJPY

Then NT7 says that the format is incorrect, when I try to connect with Kinetic. The error message is:

Error on loading chart data for $AUDUSD Default'

I also get 'Invalid instrument name'

The $ Forex symbols above do work when I connect with NinjaTrader FXCM on my laptop, but like I said initially, I cannot use that connection when my PC is also using the NinjaTrader FXCM connection.

And I am assuming that I certainly cannot get Forex data on my laptop with the NinjaTrader Continuum connection, is that correct?

Comment

Hello i2w8am9ii2,
              Can you please create a new chart > use the search function within the data series (magnifying glass above your instrument list) > search for AUDUSD > Double click on this instrument to add it > create a chart and test if you are able to receive data.

Comment

Hi Ryan,

Using which data-feed?

Kinetic? NinjaTrader FXCM? NinjaTrader Continuum?

Comment

Hello i2w8am9ii2,
                  I was referring to your kinetick connection. NinjaTrader Continuum will not supply forex based data. I apologize for not addressing this in my last response.

Comment

Hi Ryan,

When I use the Kinetick connection, I only get error messages when using the symbols I listed earlier.

But I did try the NinjaTrader Continuum connection and it does give me data and display charts for the Forex symbols I listed earlier.

Should I not trust that Forex data from the NinjaTrader Continuum connection?

So far the NinjaTrader Continuum connection is the only way that I am able to get Forex data on my laptop that does not kick me out of my PC NinjaTrader FXCM connection.

Comment

I'd like to setup a remote session with you and your two PCs if possible.

Please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with a link to this forum thread and '1727788 ATTN Patrick G' in the body.

Comment

Thanks for your help Patrick,

Ninjatrader provides really great support. You folks are awesome.

I really appreciate you resolving my issues and helping me get set up.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                        Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM
                        7 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB