NT7 alert for the close of a bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 alert for the close of a bar

Is there a way to create an alert on NT7 that makes a sound at the close of a bar? I can do that perfectly in NT8 by setting such condition that the high of a bar is 5 ticks not equal to the low etc. Can that be done on NT7?
    Last edited by Realiori9999; 06-30-2017, 04:48 AM.

Hello Realiori9999,

Unfortunately I am aware of a way to setup such an alert in NinjaTrader 7. NinjaTrader 7 does not have the same alert capabilities as NinjaTrader 8. You can setup alerts in the Market Analyzer in NinjaTrader 7. These alerts can only use a numeric value in the comparison. See the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That is fine I think. Can I use that to set a condition like the close of a bar is not equal to 3000 (e.g. emini) and get a beep sound?

Comment

Yes, please add the SMA indicator in the Market Analyzer using a period of 1. Set 'Calculate on bar close' to True. Then add the alert condition for the SMA(1) column.

Comment

Why using SMA and in particular at 1 period? In fact I am using a 5 minute chart and EMA at 20 period. I just set a condition that the "instrument = ES 09-17, EMA(20) at close not equal to 3000"... alert on the analyzer is enabled. However, I still do not hear a beep sound at the close of the bar.

Comment

Could you just be more specific at how to set an alert for a 5-minute emini chart so that I can hear a sound at the close of a bar? I am a life-time license user so I do expect a more detailed instruction.

Comment

SMA(1) with 'Calculate on bar close = True' is equal to the close of a price bar. There is no Market Analyzer column for 'close of a price bar', so you can use this workaround. If you add the SMA(1) in a chart, you will see that it plots the close price of each price bar.

Please see the attached screenshots that show the settings of the SMA(1) Market Analyzer column and the alert condition.

Let me know if this will not work for you.
              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post trilliantrader  
              Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
              1 response