When using NT, is your IP protected?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When using NT, is your IP protected?

By IP I mean intillectual property, not your IP address.

I was just wondering because it seems NT connects to a licensing server. Not that I have any reason to mistrust anyone but for fiduciary reasons there is a need to guarantee that all strategies and code that one writes for NT is protected under the rights of the individual or corporate entity that is licensing or demoing NT.

Does the user agreement and licensing agreement explicitly unequivocally discuss this? If you buy NT for life does it still need to connect to a licensing server?

Before I put any serious work into a real strategy I would like to figure this out first. I suppose one could put all their logic into a seperate DLL and simply have NT pass off the state of the market on every event, and then host that DLL on another box and use remoting or WebServices to protect the IP, but that would be rather tedious.

Thanks and apologies in advance, I mean to imply nothing, as I said its a fiduciary responsibility that many have. I saw this concern raised in another thread on another forum about trading software and wanted to nip it in the bud in terms of my own concerns.

Thx.

If your question is "Does NinjaTrader, LLC have access to your NinjaScript files on your PC?" then the answer is "NO".
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
      If your question is "Does NinjaTrader, LLC have access to your NinjaScript files on your PC?" then the answer is "NO".
      That's part of my question, but I'm also asking if this is covered in the licensing agreement, since for fiduciary reasons your answer (although I am sure 100% honest) has no legal meaning. Presumably NT is meant to be used for professional trading and even individual traders have responsibilities that need to be protected.

Again, sorry for the sensitive nature of the question. If I could just put NT behind a white label firewall and prevent it from hitting anything but my broker, I wouldn't even bother asking this but because you're using a licensing server that NT has to connect to, it becomes a bit of an issue.

Comment

I understand. There is nothing in our terms of service agreement that that states this. I will put this on my list to add when we update our agreement.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I appreciate that you're giving it serious attention and consideration. I am very pleased with the software, the little kinks I am learning to figure out, and 99% of the time it appears to be MB Trading, with which I will not be doing any real trading with anyway.

Naturally I won't be able to sign up with NT as a paying user and go live until the agreement is updated. I am sure you have a full plate, perhaps when you have a chance you could drop me a note and let me know, of course I guess you'd post it here as well.

Many thanks, very much looking forward to using NT. For now I will continue to test with it on the hope that you'll update the agreement in the not too distant future.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post mattbsea  
          Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
          6 responses
          0 likes