Collapse

charts stop updating on MB connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just noticed that it is also causing my strategy to stop processing. I was wondering why my backtest results are so different than my live results -- like obviously live signals not being taken, etc. Just realized that both my chart and strategy are not processing incoming data.

Removed my strategy and started it over again and voila, it works for a while. Just stopping and restarting the strat doesn't work -- have to actually remove it.

Were you using volume bars by chance?

Comment

Originally posted by bridenour View Post
      I just noticed that it is also causing my strategy to stop processing. I was wondering why my backtest results are so different than my live results -- like obviously live signals not being taken, etc. Just realized that both my chart and strategy are not processing incoming data.

Removed my strategy and started it over again and voila, it works for a while. Just stopping and restarting the strat doesn't work -- have to actually remove it.

Were you using volume bars by chance?
      I was just using normal charts ... OHLC on various periods.

Comment

saltcafe and bridenour, please contact us using the Help > Mail to Support feature and include your log and trace files for review, thanks
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
          saltcafe and bridenour, please contact us using the Help > Mail to Support feature and include your log and trace files for review, thanks
          After having uninstalled the application last year and having changed computers twice it's a bit hard to give you the log files ... but it's nice to see you at least making an effort to get some more info about the problem. Last year nobody seemed to care all that much.

Maybe this time round bridenour will be able to give you the logs and it might help a bit. From memory, I don't recall the logs showing anything interesting, like broken connection or the like.

Please post the solution here once you find it!!!

Comment

saltcafe, I'll for sure update this thread if I had a chance to review log and traces related to this.
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes