Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator performance

Is there a way to display a matrix of Indices (like a 6x4 matrix) and assign custom variables within that matrix? I have used the Market Analyzer and assigned my custom indicator to it but each time I add either an additional same indicator or a new indice the code will duplicate that "x" number of times putting extra CPU time. Therefore wondering if I can do the same but provide a on screen separate matrix of sorts to display such indicator. Ideas?

Hello ufodriver,

It is possible to create multi-series scripts or multi-instrument scrips so this would be possible to collect the data you are asking about. To display that data an indicator would likely be the best choice from a chart. You can choose how you would like to display that from an indicator which could be plotted or something more advanced like custom drawing a grid or matrix. The market analyzer specifically would create a new instance of the indicator for each new row so if you are trying to do something complex it may be more beneficial to make a multi-series indicator that applies to a single chart.

I would suggest creating a new thread surrounding your specific questions in the NinjaScript development forums if you wanted to gather further information on this concept.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for responding Jesse. Much appreciated. I could not figure out how to create a new thread. Ideas?
      I do not think a multi series would work. Below is what I am currently doing.

1. Overall I am using eMarketData tick data to log tick directions per time frame. Since eMarketdata is not time based I am collecting the tick info into a variable and sending it to CustomHandler via TimerEventProcessor (every 2 seconds). Then I am storing this information into an array for post processing and display over several time periods from that array (ie 1 min, 5 min, 15 min...etc).

2. Both how to display the array data and minimizing the processing time is what I am trying to accomplish. As mentioned, displaying the data in the Market Analyzer is working but each time period I add per each Instrument involved appears to run through the Event Processor multiple times whereas I am expecting at the least should run only once per Instrument.

Thanks
      Chris

Comment

Hello ufodriver,

To create a new thread, you just need to go into the sub-forum you want to post in and then click the New Topic button.

In regard to the items you mentioned, what you are speaking of would be outside of what I could provide any suggestions on as that is your custom logic. It would really depend on your end goal as to what you would need to use for the syntax. Your original question indicated that you wanted to reduce the overall load, a multi-series indicator would do that but that would also depend if that will fit into your overall design goals.

Using the market analyzer will load a new instance of the indicator for each row so if you need to do complex calculations over many series, using one script that loads those series would be more efficient than the market analyzer.

I will move this post to a new thread.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How can I create a 4 x 6 display matrix? 4 rows 5 columns. Is this even possible in NT? I know I can create a psuedo-matrix of sorts using a Plot(Graphics) routine but wondering if there are other methods?
          The goal is to create the matrix that holds multiple Instruments inside the matrix. Ideas anyone?
          Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hello ufodriver,

Thank you for your note.

This is possible and there are many ways to do this. You could see the following example for the news indicator which implements a grid concept,
            This is a conversion of the jtEconNews2a indicator. Fix: Corrected occasional object reference error which was caused by missing brush assignment. Fix: Updated web address for calendar Fix: Fixed Alert Font Not Working. 03-15-2021 Updated web address for calendar

I would also suggest going through some of the indicators listed here for others that may do what you're looking to do,

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
            Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DynamicTest  
            Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes