Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

disabling strategy after closed trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_PaulH
    replied
    Hello sra18376,

Thanks for your post.

You can disable the strategy with the Disable() method, please see: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...7/?disable.htm

You can "skip" historical trades by adding: if (Historical) return; at the top of OnBarUpdate(), this will prevent code below that line from processing until connected to live data.

Reference: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...historical.htm

Leave a comment:

• sra18376
    started a topic disabling strategy after closed trade

disabling strategy after closed trade

I am building a strategy and would like for it to automatically 'disable' after a trade is closed.

essentially, i would like to have it set up where i pick a stock, start the strategy on it (starting the strategy immediately opens a long or short), and then when the parameters are met to close the trade, the trade is closed and the strategy stops.

I have achieved this thus far by having a bool flip on when i exit a long or short that prevents me from automatically entering another trade.

However when testing applying the strategy on a chart, it never stays enabled because the strategy starts on past candles on the chart instead of the current one and closes the trade before the current candle starts. this causes the bool to flip on before my current trade is able to even play out.

Is there a better way to achieve what i am trying to do? Or, is there a way to have the strategy not be applied to any of the prior data in a chart?

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
12 responses
0 likes
Last Post DrakeiJosh  
Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
3 responses
0 likes
Last Post rhubear
by rhubear