Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Automatic trade with trendlines manually draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic trade with trendlines manually draw

Gm, i would like to go long/short on emini when price cross up/down a line / ray / extended line manually draw.
    Is it possible with ninjatrader 7 / 8 ?

Thank yoy, have a nice day.

Kinga from Poland.

Welcome to the forums Kinga!

Within NinjaTrader 7, this would be possible with a strategy that loops through drawing objects to get their price levels and uses those levels for cross over conditions to open your position. This would require unlocking the code in order to accomplish. The strategy can then manage the position with the Managed Approach or the Unmanaged Approach.

DrawObjects - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...rawobjects.htm

Managed Approach - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...d_approach.htm

Unmanaged Approach - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...d_approach.htm

In NinjaTrader 8, Chart Alerts can be made to easily submit an order when a price crosses over a line drawing object. These orders cannot be tied with ATM strategies, so if you are looking for more robust trading logic, then taking the same approach as described for NinjaTrader 7 would be advised.

Alerts - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...-us/alerts.htm

Help guide information is publicly available.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

There was something a few years ago which did this, but you'll have to search pretty hard for it.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
        There was something a few years ago which did this, but you'll have to search pretty hard for it.
        Thank you. It would be super ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jim View Post
          Welcome to the forums Kinga!

Within NinjaTrader 7, this would be possible with a strategy that loops through drawing objects to get their price levels and uses those levels for cross over conditions to open your position. This would require unlocking the code in order to accomplish. The strategy can then manage the position with the Managed Approach or the Unmanaged Approach.

DrawObjects - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...rawobjects.htm

Managed Approach - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...d_approach.htm

Unmanaged Approach - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...d_approach.htm

In NinjaTrader 8, Chart Alerts can be made to easily submit an order when a price crosses over a line drawing object. These orders cannot be tied with ATM strategies, so if you are looking for more robust trading logic, then taking the same approach as described for NinjaTrader 7 would be advised.

Alerts - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...-us/alerts.htm

Help guide information is publicly available.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
          Thank You, Jim.
          I need the approach described for Ninjatrader 7.
          I don't understand much of that, where can i find someone able to create that?

Kinga

Comment

Originally posted by Kinga View Post
            This might be what you're looking for,

Comment

Originally posted by Kinga View Post

Thank You, Jim.

Kinga

Hello Kinga,

This is Chris following up on behalf of Jim.

NinjaTrader has a network of third-party programming consultants that can help you create custom strategies. You can search our extensive library of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more:You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third-party services for NinjaTrader, all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem, LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherD View Post

Hello Kinga,

This is Chris following up on behalf of Jim.

NinjaTrader has a network of third-party programming consultants that can help you create custom strategies. You can search our extensive library of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more:You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third-party services for NinjaTrader, all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem, LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.
                Ok, thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post kempotrader  
                Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes