Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Cross in Bollinger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cross in Bollinger

Hello,
    I am using ninjatrader 7, I am creating a strategy with the same program, but an option that I do not know how to do it, I want when the price crosses above Bollinger sell me.

I can not find the right parameters, can someone help me?

Thank you!!!

sorry I have wrong forum I am in ninjatrader 8.
    I do not know how to delete the message

Javier
    Last edited by Jbaena; 03-20-2019, 04:39 AM.

Hello Jbaena,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

We will move this thread over to the Ninjatrader7 forums.

In NinjaTrader7 you can create a strategy directly in Ninjascript which is based on C# programming and syntax or you can use the "Strategy Wizard" which is a non-programming interface but is limited to simpler type strategies.

With reference to the Strategy Wizard's condition builder screen, in one set, you could select the "Close" price on the left, CrossAbove in the center, and Bollinger.Upper plot in the right side. I've attached an example of this for your reference to help get you started. I will also attach a reference link to a recording of a training webinar on the strategy wizard and will also link to the help guide to the strategy wizard.

Tip: When working with indicators that have more than one plotline (such as Bollinger, MACD, Stochastics, etc), you always have to tell the strategy wizard which plot to use and this is done in the condition window with the parameter "Plot". In the case of the Bollinger, I selected the plot labeled 'Upper".

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jbaena-1.PNG
Views:	271
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	1052075

Training webinar recording on the NT7 strategy wizard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmBi...56536A44DD7105

While not directed at a strategy, this video will also show how to use the strategy wizard for alerting but to me its main value is showing you how to use other "actions" besides entering orders: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt0s...A140D7&index=6

NT7 Help guide for the strategy wizard: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...egy_wizard.htm

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by timmbbo, 07-05-2023, 10:21 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
    Started by tkaboris, Today, 08:01 AM
    1 response
    0 likes