Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

automatically stopping strategy after profit goal per instrument is reached

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

automatically stopping strategy after profit goal per instrument is reached

I have a strategy running on a few different instruments at the same time. Is there a way to automatically stop the strategy from running on an instrument once a daily profit target for that instrument is reached?

What I've found on the forum so far talks about adding code in the NinjaScript editor. The code automatically resets the Pnl daily and stops all trades once an overall daily profit target is met. However, I don't want to set an overall profit point. I want individual ones per instrument (or per strategy running on an instrument).

I'm also interested in automatically stopping the strategy once a max loss per instrument is reached for the day. Are these things possible? I’m not crazy savy when working with code, but I’ll try my best to follow. Thanks

You have to create a some software solution fot this, which will be used by each your startegy. It must use external database to store current pnl and give the permission to trade.

Comment

Hello JayKeepsTrading,

This would need to be within the logic of your script.

All links below are publicly available.

Below is a link to an example that demonstrates a daily loss limit within a single instance of a script.
      Hello, I've updated the DailyLossLimit and DailyLosLimitMultiTrade examples that were posted on the forum for NinjaTrader 7 for NinjaTrader 8. These are often requested and I felt they are good examples to have for NT8. DailyLossLimitExample_NT7 - http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...241#post451241 (http://ninjatrader

Using the ideas here, you may be able to adapt this to the PositionAccount.

And Account.Get() if needed.
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
      Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
      10 responses