Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Most recent High and most recent low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most recent High and most recent low

I am having a friend program a strategy in NT7 for me. He is not a trader and I am not a programmer. I am a Support and Resistance trader. So I told him to scan for Sell criteria ABC at Resistance zones and Buy criteria A'B'C' at Support zones. My question is how to restart a scan if the market trades through the most recent high to start the scan again if it is still in the zone? Conceptually I understand putting in a higher high, but how do you get a program to scan for the most recent high not being broken? The only thing I can think of is a lookback period of x bars. Any other suggestions or ideas that I can pass along to my programmer?

Hello RJBen,

I'm not quite sure what you are meaning by scanning..

As ticks are received this will trigger OnBarUpdate (for every tick if CalculateOnBarClose is false and the script is processing real-time data, or each time the bar closes if the script is in historical data or CalculateOnBarClose is true). At that moment you have access to the Close[0], Open[0], High[0], and Low[0].

You can compare the current high with the previous bars high with a barsAgo index.

For example:
    if (High[0] > High[1])
    {
    // trigger action
    }

You could save a value to a variable as well and save each new high if you wanted.
    private myDoubleVariable;

if (High[0] > myDoubleVariable)
    {
    myDoubleVariable = High[0];
    }

Below is a publicly available link to a forum post with helpful information about getting started with NinjaScript.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
    6 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post DJ888
    by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
    0 responses