Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy help needed

I have built a simple strategy using the wizard and twicked a little bit.
    I need now further help

This is the part of the script I need help with:

// Condition set 3 Uptrend with Bracket
    if (GetCurrentAsk() < (Open[0] - S1*TickSize)
    && Open[1] < Close[1]
    && Position.Quantity == 0
    && Bracket == true)

{
    EnterLongStop(Q, Open[0], "TSTZ Long");
    EnterShortStop(Q, Open[0] - S2 * TickSize, "TSTZ Reversal Short");
    // TSTZ Reversal Short not working
    // TSTZ Reversal Shortneeds to last till the next candle is already opened and ticking
    }

My Questions:
    1) I would like the EnterShortStop to be an OCO order linked to the EnterLongStop. How can I change the instruction.
    2) Since I am using renko charts I know the EnterShortStop is going to triger on the next candle down. Therefore I would like this side of the order to be good till cancel. Can you suggest a change?
    3) The EnterShortStop order is not working. Please note that I am trtying to place 2 orders at the same time, and the strategy includes a Stop loss routine. Is my syntax incorrect?
    4) Sometimes "if (GetCurrentAsk() < (Open[0] - S1*TickSize)" doesn't really place the order. Will a Crossbellow() statement work better? I tried writing one, but got issues combining series and int variables. Can you suggest an expression?

Thanks in advance,

Horacio

Hello horacioofman,

Thanks for your post.

In the managed approach you would not be able to place two entry orders in the opposite direction. If you check the "log" tab of the control center when you apply the strategy you are likely to find error messages related to the strategy advising that x order have been ignored. Please review the section, " Internal Order Handling Rules that Reduce Unwanted Positions" https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...d_approach.htm

You would not be able to use GTC orders in a strategy created in the strategy wizard. You could do this in a ninjascript created strategy (or an unlocked strategy wizard strategy) using the advanced order methods where you can specify a bool for the GTC. Here is a link to the EnterShortStop method which shows the overload needed for the advanced order type: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...rshortstop.htm

The strategy wizard is intended for fairly simple strategies. To have two entry orders OCO you would need to use the Unmanaged approach which is recommended for very experienced programmers.: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...d_approach.htm

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Paul!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
      8 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post rehmans
      by rehmans