Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Update Stop Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update Stop Loss

Hi, what is the best way to update the stop loss?

I use EnterLongStopLimit and SetStopLoss. I don't need a trail stop, I need to update the stop loss price every few bars.

Thanks for the help.

Hello shtrader,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

If you are using the Strategy Wizard, there are no means to update the setstoploss method, it is fixed when you apply the strategy.

If you are working in Ninjascript (or want to unlock your strategy wizard strategy) then you can update the SetStopLoss() in the OnBarUpdate() method.

For example if you were in a long position and wanted to move the stop to the entry point after 20 ticks of profit:

if (Position.MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Long && Close[0] >= Position.AvgPrice + 20 * TickSize && doitonce == true)
    {
    SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, Position.AvgPrice); // adjust to breakeven
    doitonce = false; // set bool that you create, to false to only perform this once.
    }

References:

Please take note of these critical notes in the help guide for the SetStopLoss() when used in OnBarUpdate: "Should you call this method to dynamically change the stop loss price in the strategy OnBarUpdate() method, you should always reset the stop loss price/offset value when your strategy is flat otherwise, the last price/offset value set will be used to generate your stop loss order on your next open position"

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks! I suggest adding a note to the documentation of SetStopLoss re updates.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aa731
      by aa731

Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes