Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

identifying full range bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

identifying full range bars

hi fellow traders.

i am trying to work out how to highlight a certain range bar wicks. and use them in a type of condition.

i have attached a drawing to hopeful show what I am trying to achieve

any assistance will be greatly appreciated

regards

simon

Click image for larger version

Name:	range bars.png
Views:	443
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	1102548

Hi Simon Thompson,
    Shouldn't be too difficult, unless I misunderstand the exercise. No NinjaScript required. StrategyBuilder will do.
    ad 1)
    White Marubozu: Close > Open and Open = Low (+ optional offset) and Close = High (- optional offset)
    Black Marubozu: Close < Open and Open = High (- optional offset) and Close = Low (+ optional offset).
    If Marubozu, draw background and set your bool bMarubozu to true.
    ad 2)
    Then check your additional entry logic. If true, enter the trade and set your bool bMarubozu to false (to be able to start over).
    If you wanted your Marubozu trigger only to be valid for a certain number of bars, add an int Input "valid for n bars" and a custom int variable "valid until".
    When bMarubozu is true, grab the number of the current bar, add your "valid for n bars" and set your variable "valid until" accordingly.
    Then, before enterering the trade while your bool bMarubozu is still true, check if the Marubozu signal is still "fresh" enough for a trade. If not, set bool bMarubozu back to false.
    ad 3)
    To exit a trade after a certain number of bars, enter another int Input e.g. "Exit After N Bars". When not flat, check if BarsSinceEntryExecution >= Exit After N Bars. If true, exit.

Additional thoughts: I myself would add a counter to see how often Marubozus occur. However, you will not be able to do this in the StrategyBuilder. This requires NinjaScript.
    StrategyBuilder features are fairly limited, particularly in terms of counters or other calculations (for whatever reason).
    NT-Roland
    Last edited by NT-Roland; 05-30-2020, 02:50 AM. Reason: Added optional offset.

Comment

many thanks, NT Rowland..

i will see if i can get this going..

cheers mate

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Belfortbucks