Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Custom Audio Isn't working in Strategy Builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Audio Isn't working in Strategy Builder

Hi, I am using NinjaTrader 8 and I am trying to use customized wav files for a strategy that I am using, but they are not playing. I would like the audio file to play each time a buy or sell signal comes in. For instance a buy signal occurs, I would like it to say "1 minute buy signal". I have already downloaded the appropriate wav files and placed them into the NT8 sounds folder, but the sound files do not play when the buy/sell signals occur. I am using strategy builder for this, I am NOT coding. How do I get these audio files to play when a signal occurs. Also, I know a lot of people have had the problem of having the audio files continue to play as long as the conditions for the strategy are true... I don't want that, I just want to it to say "1 minute buy signal" one time when the signal occurs, that's it, and then when another signal occurs, I want it to play just one time again, etc...

Thanks
    Last edited by Tradwell385; 06-04-2020, 08:53 PM.

Hello Tradwell385,

Thanks for your post.

For clarity, sound files used by the strategy builder "Play sound" would not be played on historical data, you would only hear them on real-time data or Playback with market replay data.

If you are seeing your signals on real-time data but are not hearing the sounds, please check your "Log" tab of the control center for any error messages related to the strategy.

If no errors and you do hear your PC make other sounds (meaning your speakers are working/on), Please attach an example sound file that you are using along with a screenshot of a set that shows the conditions and actions related to that sound.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi PaulH,

I don't have any error messages this morning, but I messed around with it and do have audio playing for the strategy; however, instead of saying what is in my audio files, which is "1 minute 5 DMI long" and "1 minute 5 DMI short", it is saying either "order filled" or "order cancelled". This thread will not allow me to attach a wav file to it, but I have attached a snap shot of the strategy conditions.
      Attached Files

Comment

Also, I don't even have "order cancelled" or "order filled" enabled in my "sounds" as depicted by the attached screen shot.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello Tradwell385,

Thanks for your reply.

I think it would be best to resolve this by writing into PlatformSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]Com.

Please attach your strategy source code file and wav files to your e-mail. Mark the e-mail Atten: Paul, Ticket# 2589977.

The strategy will be found in Documents>NinjaTrader8>bin>Custom>Strategy> it will be as you named it with a .cs file extension.

Comment

I am also having the same problem as you. Thanks for creating this topic to help me find a solution to my tonos problem
            Last edited by janieoliver; 03-31-2021, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Hello janieoliver,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

From the help guide is this warning about sound files: "The underlying framework used to play the sound requires the audio file to be in PCM .wav format" Reference: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...?playsound.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by nandhumca, Today, 03:41 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post nandhumca  
              Started by The_Sec, Today, 03:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes