Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

CS0534 error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CS0534 error

Hello,
    I'm just getting started with the strategy builder in ninja 7.
    I have followed along with the MA crossover demo which is on YouTube (so I can start learning)
    I built the strategy as per the instruction, however when i compile or finish, I get an error.
    It opens the C# window and at the bottom has two instances of a CS0534 which seem to be at the very start of the code - line 16.

There is no help in the help fill on this. I'm wondering if perhaps some kind of microsoft thing is missing off my computer.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there an easy fix?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Pirelli,

The error you have shown seems to be relating to the UserDefinedMethods.cs indicator file, did you manually edit or replace that file?

Could you double click on the error and see if that is able to open to the error location? If so please take a screenshot of that for me to review.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply Jesse.

I didn't edit an existing file. I followed the ninjatrader webinar video on YouTube and just clicked through to make my own strategy.

I hit finish or compile and it comes up with an error box. Then when I hit ok on the error box, it opens the C# edit window and displays the error at the bottom.

If I click on the error at the bottom for more info it opens up a help file saying there is no doc.

I have attached screen grabs.

Do you think it's more a case of I haven't followed the steps correctly rather than there is some bit of windows code missing from my computer? Hope so....

Thanks for your help.

Nick

Comment

Hello Pirelli,

Thanks for the reply.

Rather than clicking the button with the error, please double click the row that the error is in and that should navigate to the other script.

The error shown should not be related to the strategy builder so this may have been an existing error that you had before starting the strategy.

One way to diagnose this further is to temporarily remove the custom strategy you made and check that the platform can compile, if you still get the error that is simply confirmation of the existing problem. To do that you can close the wizard then manually move the strategy from the folder Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Strategy to your desktop. After doing that open any Indicator to compile again.

Comment

Hi Jesse,

Ok, I understand. I clicked on the error itself and it opened another window. Have attached that photo. Line 16 seems to be pointing at something called partial class indicator.

I have followed your advice, and moved all the contents of the strategy folder from Docs. There was one other .cs file in there called UserDefinedMethods. I removed this too, but it when rebooting the platform it seems to be back in there. Perhaps this is a file that I can't remove?

I then tried to download a strategy file, from this website. Just something I could use as a test. When I tried to open it up and import it, under Utilities>Import ninja script, I got another error message. I have attached this photo too.

Perhaps this is showing there is something wrong with the install of the platform I am currently using?

thanks

Comment

Hello Pirelli,

Thanks for trying that.

The UserDefinedMethods.cs is a file which should always exist and the image you have shown the code looks normal. The error must be happening for another reason.

Being that you moved the strategy out and are still seeing an error that would hint at some other problem. Please do the following steps to see what errors are listed.

Close all NinjaScript editor/Strategy wizard windows
            Click Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator and open the ADL
            Press F5 to compile
            Some errors should show up at the bottom, please take a screenshot of the errors now displayed.

If the error is the same I will likely need to suggest to write into our platform support [at] ninjatrader.com for further assistance.
            If the error is different I can likely provide further steps here.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Jesse. I'm sorry i wasn't able to work on this yesterday.

Ok, I have opened the Indicator ninjascript folder. It doesn't seem like there are any indicators in there. Nothing called ADL.

Have attached a photo.

mmm.... I'm guessing something more fatal is the problem, maybe requiring a reinstall perhaps?

Thank

Comment

Hello Pirelli,

Yes if all the system indicators are missing you will need to reinstall. Just to confirm, are you seeing that the actual folder containing the files is empty? Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator

If it is not empty, it may not be a reinstall that is needed to fix it but that will be a good first step as that is easy to try.

In case the folder is not empty and the re install does not help I will likely suggest to email our platform support so we can schedule a remote session to take a look.

Comment

Yes, here it is at the windows level.
                  Ok, so I will do a full uninstall of the software and see what happens when I reboot it up.
                  Will report back

Comment

Hello Pirelli,

It looks like the files were removed for some reason, A re install will replace the missing files and should allow for the platform to compile again. Please let me know once you do that and if any problems still persist.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post algospoke  
                    Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes