Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can the Strategy Builder create the sophisticated trailing stops available in the ATM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can the Strategy Builder create the sophisticated trailing stops available in the ATM

Is there a tutorial on how to use the strategy builder to created the executions availabe in the ATM ?

Hello gchan, thanks for your post.

In the "Stops and Target" section of the builder you can set up trailing stops. Our colleague Chelsea has also made some more advanced examples here:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...der#post806596

Please let me know if you have any questions on this material.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chris,
      Is there a tutorial on how to actually setup the Trailing stop in Stops and Target. I do not see similar profit trigger to engage the trailing stop like in the ATM.
      Thanks for the code. Am I just supposed to copy that into the script that I create for my strategy. I presume that I will no longer be able to use the strategy builder interface after that ?

Thanks.

Comment

Who is going to the sea at the end of spring? It will be possible to get to Turkey as an option at the beginning of the season quietly. And rent a yacht here https://2yachts.com/ say that a good service for finding a suitable yacht or boat, for walks in picturesque places and not only for Turkey. You can find advertisements from private individuals there as well, which is very advantageous!
        Last edited by Shbador; 03-14-2021, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Hello gchan, thanks for your reply.

We have a recorded webinar on the Strategy Builder here that explains the trailing stop:
          Understand the fundamentals of basic strategy creation by developing an actual strategy using the NinjaTrader Strategy Builder.2:45 Opening a Strategy Builde...

You set the value (like 10 ticks) and the stop will trail behind the market price 10 ticks as long as the price is going in the favored direction.

We recommend those writing NinjaScript Strategies in the editor have at least intermediate knowledge of C#, and are very familiar with how NinjaScript strategies work. If you do unlock the code and copy/paste the example, you must make sure it works for your code specifically and understand what is going on in the code. You will not be able to edit the code through the strategy builder after unlocking it.

Best regards,
          -ChrisL
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChrisL; 03-12-2021, 11:16 AM.
          Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
          8 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post rehmans
          by rehmans

Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
          0 responses