Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ERROR: 'Stock' is not supported by any provider connected.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ERROR: 'Stock' is not supported by any provider connected.

I have an SPY strategy I'm testing that is connected to Kinetick - End Of Day (Free).

It enters a long position and exits from them as expected on condition1 or on a SetStopLoss statement.

However, if I remove those two exits and replace them with an ExitLongStop statement the following error appears (shown in photo). Why?

Update - seeing this repeatedly in TraceOrders outout:

Ignore order amendment: Action=Sell OrderType=Stop Quantity=0 LimitPrice=0 StopPrice=212.94 SignalName=Sell' FromEntrySignal='' Reason='Order already has this stop price/limit price/quantity'
    Last edited by ScorpioTravis; 01-10-2022, 03:30 PM.

Hello ScorpioTravis,

The error is indicating that the order was unable to be submitted because no data provider was connected that supports order submission. The EOD connection cannot be used for any realtime orders for strategies and it cannot drive strategy logic in realtime. The historical data could be used for backtesting but it will present errors for any orders which are trying to be submitted in realtime. A realtime provider would be needed to drive the strategy for testing in realtime, alternatively the replay feed could be used.

The other warning in the log is letting you know that the order modification was ignored because the price/limitprice/quantity were all the same and no change was needed. If that is being reported many times that would be a clue that the logic calling that order remained true and just had no changes to the values listed above when called again. Generally you would need the logic to remain true for a target to remain active across more than 1 bar.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
      Hello ScorpioTravis,

The error is indicating that the order was unable to be submitted because no data provider was connected that supports order submission.
      That doesn't make any sense to me because the orders to enter the trade were accepted with the exact same connection. Furthermore, as I wrote, the other exit types SetStopLoss() and ExitLong() are accepted, but not ExitLongStop() which causes the error message.

Comment

Hello ScorpioTravis,

Unfortunately I couldn't say what may be happening in that specific use case however running live strategies requires a real time data feed, which is not available with the free Kinetick end of day connection.

If you plan to automate a strategy using one of our supported brokers, they will supply the real time data feed. See the link below for a list of our data providers / broker technologies and what level of data is offered.

What you can do with the Kinetick End of Day connection is backtest strategies. Kinetick End Of Day supplies daily and higher data and NinjaTrader can backtest with whatever data is available. If you are using the backtesting tool and seeing this error please provide a simplified sample script which demonstrates the issue for further review.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post PaulMohn  
        Started by Conceptzx, 10-11-2022, 06:38 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes