Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy Builder won't remove first input name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Builder won't remove first input name

Can't remove builder first input name in a group of 10 names. I used find and also Notepad++ to search all of the generated code an

Hello Tonofit,

Thanks for your post.

If you want to remove a user-defined input from a strategy made in the Strategy Builder, you would need to do so from the Inputs and Variables screen of the Strategy Builder window.

Open a New > Strategy Builder window, select the strategy in the Welcome screen, navigate to the Inputs and Variables screen, select the user-defined input you want to delete, and click 'remove'.

Note that before removing a user-defined input from the Inputs and Vairables screen, you must first remove and instant of the variable from the Conditions and Actions screen and Stops and Target screen.

See this help guide page for more information: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ariablesScreen

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

There are no Conditions & Actions or Stops & Targets that reference the input name "Trail_Trigger". I used both the Find in Builder and look through the code listing generated from my strategy and there was only the definition of "Trail_Trigger" as a name which is the first name of a list of 10 inputs. The get, put access function for "Trail_Triigger". Could it is the first element and then there are 9 others. My strategy is mostly working but need "Trail_Trigger" removed.

Comment

Hello Tonofit,

Thanks for your note.

Please send me an exported copy of the strategy so that I may look into this further.

You could export a NinjaScript strategy by going to Control Center > Tools > Export > NinjaScript AddOn.

Exporting: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...tAsSourceFiles

I look forward to assisting further.

Comment

Would not produce a Exportable strategy so I used a utility to clean the Data Base and recoded the strategy as it must have been corrupted.

Comment

Hello Tonofit,

Thanks for your note.

I understand that you are not able to export the Strategy Builder strategy.

Please open a File Explorer window, navigate to Documents/NinjaTrader 8/bin/Custom/Strategies, locate the file with the name of your strategy, and attach that .CS file with your reply so I may look into this further.

Note that if you are not able to export the strategy by going to Control Center > Tools > Export > NinjaScript AddOn, it is likely that the script contains compile errors that need to be resolved.

Open the Strategy Builder window, select your strategy on the Welcome screen of the Builder, navigate to the next screen, and click 'Compile'.

Are you able to compile successfully? Or, do you receive an error saying the strategy cannot compile?

If the strategy cannot compile, you would need to take debugging steps to determine what the issue is in your script.

Below is a link to a forum post that demonstrates how to use prints to understand behavior.
            https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...121#post791121

I look forward to assisting further.

Comment

I put this issue in Ninjatrader 7, but I'm using Ninjatrader 8 and my database has been cleaned now, so the strategy is gone, so disregard my post. It did however compile though with no errors, so that wasn't a problem.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Stanfillirenfro  
              Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB