Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

few questions on coding a strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

few questions on coding a strategy

Hello NT7 strategy development team.

IS it better to automate strategy on NT7 or NT8? considering I use different manual trading strategy on nt7?

Which one NT7 or NT8 run smoothly on VPS?

Are the instruments on NT7 the same on NT8?

From your experience what is best source to find and hire expert NT coders? currently I use freelancer but limited number of coders there with $$$ cost!

Best Wishes,
    Futureszone

Hello futureszone,

Thanks for your post.

NinjaTrader 8 would be recommended to use since it is a newer software application than NinjaTrader 7. NinjaTrader 8 has many new updates and features and contains more options for programming custom NinjaScript strategies compared to NinjaTrader 7.

For example, NinjaTrader 8 contains an Account class to submit orders to and get information about a specific account which is not possible to do in NinjaTrader 7 since it does not have a similar Account class. You could also custom render objects on a chart using SharpDX in NinjaTrader 8.

NinjaTrader 7 or NinjaTrader 8 could run on a VPS without issue.

Instruments on NinjaTrader 7 are the same as instruments in NinjaTrader 8.

You can contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please reach out to VendorSupport[AT]ninjatrader.com if you would like our NinjaTrader Ecosystem team to follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.

Let me know if I may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
      Hello futureszone,

Thanks for your post.

NinjaTrader 8 would be recommended to use since it is a newer software application than NinjaTrader 7. NinjaTrader 8 has many new updates and features and contains more options for programming custom NinjaScript strategies compared to NinjaTrader 7.

For example, NinjaTrader 8 contains an Account class to submit orders to and get information about a specific account which is not possible to do in NinjaTrader 7 since it does not have a similar Account class. You could also custom render objects on a chart using SharpDX in NinjaTrader 8.

NinjaTrader 7 or NinjaTrader 8 could run on a VPS without issue.

Instruments on NinjaTrader 7 are the same as instruments in NinjaTrader 8.

You can contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please reach out to VendorSupport[AT]ninjatrader.com if you would like our NinjaTrader Ecosystem team to follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.

Hello Brandon

I'm overwhelmed by the tremendous support and feedback since I joined Ninjatrader few days ago, this is my 3rd post and I can't believe my eyes! I never experienced anything like this before!
      responses from mature professional staff and members are very welcoming and encouraging I'm already falling in love with NINJATRADER. I regret to join late, this is what a trading forum should be. I see a lot of potentials here and I'm glad to be part of the community here for many years to come I can't wait to be on lifetime license soon!

NT8 sounds the winning bet for automated strategy since it has advanced coding and trading options, I'm sure it will be the coders preference here. in fact, it will help to avoid conflicts with manual strategy if separate accounts funds with manual nt7 from nt8 auto.

I'm so new here Brandon if you kindly connect me with NINJATRADER Ecosystem team to work with me on my project, I would really appreciate it. this is big relief as I'm having hard time to find coders on coding websites that I'm not sure if they know NT coding plus they charge ridiculous money. I'm sure the quality of work here worth every $ and prices here will be reasonable.

looking forward to hear from you and wish you happy weekend

Many thanks Brandon
      Futureszone

Comment

Hello futureszone,

Thanks for your note.

Please contact vendorsupport[AT]ninjatrader.com if you would like our NinjaTrader Ecosystem team to follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.

Please let me know if I may assist further.

Comment

Hello futureszone,

Thanks for your note.

Please contact vendorsupport[AT]ninjatrader.com if you would like our NinjaTrader Ecosystem team to follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.

Please let me know if I may assist further.
          Hello Brandon

thank you but i can't find vendosupport contact info, do you have link for their contact page?

Many Thanks,
          Futureszone

Comment

Hello futureszone,

Thanks for your note.

You would need to write an email to vendorsupport[AT]ninjatrader.com and request a list of affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. The Vendor Support team will follow up with you via email as soon as they are available.

Comment

Hello futureszone,

Thanks for your note.

You would need to write an email to vendorsupport[AT]ninjatrader.com and request a list of affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. The Vendor Support team will follow up with you via email as soon as they are available.

Hello Brandon,

Oh I got it now sorry I was confused earlier, alright will email them now. thank you for your help and support.

have a happy week,
              Futureszone

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DynamicTest  
              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
              4 responses