Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Understanding Strategy Startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Understanding Strategy Startup

Could I get a further explanation of what happens during NT strategy startup?Lets sayI turn my strategy on mid-day. Naturally I start flat. What difference does it make if my strategy would have been long or short had it been running since the open? I understand looking back to calculate indicators butI fail to see any importance in regards to positions. Please explain how this works and what settings I have access to.

Json

imported post

If you start your strategy and its in a current state of long or short, you have the option to have NT immediately submit any working orders live or, wait until the strategy is flat before starting to execute live orders.

These options can be set via Tools > Options > Strategies.

Additional info here - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...tegiesTab.html

If you do not want your strategy to calcualte historical positions then simply add in your strategy if (Historical) return;.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Sorry to jump in, but I'm confused with this option as well.

Lets try an example.

Lets say I have "Immediately submit live working historical orders" enabled.

1. My strategy is in a Long and has placed a Stop and Profit bracket, held at broker.
      2. NT/PC Crash for whatever reason (in reality, this could be a simple as an accidental shutdown of TWS)
      ... I'm still in a long trade... And the Stop and Profit orders are still there at the broker.
      3. Restart ..... What does NT do here?

The wording of this option suggests it will place new orders, for both the two bracket orders as well as a new order for the original long.. so 3 new orders.

But this would be a disaster .. and I don't think it would work that way.
      Can you pls explain?

( What I would hope is that NT would recognize it's orders, or at least allow some manual resync and then continue. I thought this is what the order-ref field was used for in TWS )

Thanks

Comment

imported post

It would re-submit the bracket only, not the entry order. If faced in this situation, you would have to manually cancel the stop targets in TWS or, wait until that trade is exited by one of the bracket orders and then restart your strategy.

Ray
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
        Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
        5 responses