Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Trading multiple Automated Ninjascript strategies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trading multiple Automated Ninjascript strategies

Is it posible to trade 2 - 3 Automated Ninjascript strategies where Ninjatrader places the trades for me on the same account and Instrument at the same time without the limit order and order placing affecting orders/targets and stops already placed? Or can I run 2 doms? Or do I need 2 seperate accounts?
    Example, if I am 10 contracts long on a 10 min chart ES 09-09 and a second strategy generates a signal on a different chart 1 MIN CHART ES 09-09 to go 2 contracts short, I would like the order handling to be seperate ad not change my first entry to 8 contacts long. Hope this makes sense.
    I think I posted it under the wrong section before.

Trad3r, this is possible on one account as NinjaScript strategies run independent from each other. For manual trading on the DOM's or ChartTrader you want to take a look at the ATM strategy selection mode setting for this purpose (Display Selected Only) - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ategyMode.html
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Multiple Automated Strategies concurrently and simulated

Dear Ninjatrader/Members,

I just wanted to ask if it is possible to run a live trading strategy (non-simulated/actual trading) and also at the same time run a live simulated trading for another strategy.

The reason I am asking this is because I plan to start using an automated strategy which I think is ready for live trading and at the same time I am developing other strategies and would like to test it at the same time (either on the same instrument or a different one)

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by dwwtan View Post
        Dear Ninjatrader/Members,

I just wanted to ask if it is possible to run a live trading strategy (non-simulated/actual trading) and also at the same time run a live simulated trading for another strategy.

The reason I am asking this is because I plan to start using an automated strategy which I think is ready for live trading and at the same time I am developing other strategies and would like to test it at the same time (either on the same instrument or a different one)

Thank you!
        Strategies run on accounts, You can run strategies on different accounts simultaneously, so yes, you can run on a live account and a Sim account at the same time. Different strategies; same strategies, it does not matter.

Comment

Hello dwwtan,

Thank you for writing in. Koganam is correct in that this is completely possible because strategies are run on accounts and you will be using separate accounts (your live account for one strategy and the Sim101 account for another strategy).

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
          Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:56 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post WHICKED
          by WHICKED

Started by Felix Reichert, Today, 02:12 PM
          0 responses